NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Best Bait - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 09-09-2023, 10:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Best Bait

All bait counts I like using jigs for the sea bass along with fresh clams if you can find them now.....

WAKE THE SLEEPING DOG
Old 09-09-2023, 02:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Best Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolmann View Post
No where in the original post do I see the word natural.

“Don't know if any one will answer but what is your go to bait for the following fish”.

In today’s fishing jargon, most people when they see/hear the word bait they think in terms of both natural & artifical-which by the responses is clearly evident.
Yeah I won't argue semantics with you, but I started seeing the word "lure" being called "bait" by the southern guys on bass fishing shows starting in the 70's.. you know- "Crank Bait/Hard Bait/ Buzz Bait/Spinner Bait/Blade Bait/Plastic Bait etc etc.. never really subscribed to that sort of thing. Me personally,I call natural bait- bait. Cut Bait/Live Bait/Dead Bait/Stink Bait/Dough Bait/Strip Bait.. that sort of thing.. Artificial ""baits""??.. I call them lures, or jigs, or spoons, plugs, flies, streamers, poppers, topwaters.... Pretty simple really, but it works for me. I am not much involved with modern lexicon anyway.. Too old .

Last edited by bulletbob; 09-09-2023 at 02:12 PM..