NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

best lure of all time -river walleyes and SMB - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-14-2019, 12:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: best lure of all time -river walleyes and SMB

I've used the 2" version on steelhead , for a short time years back attached to floating jig head they would readily take it at times . Overall I Agree twister tails to this day great lure in that color . Like you I Have bags of them in all lengths which I acquired over the years .
Old 01-15-2019, 12:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Many years ago I bought 1,000 unpainted jigs and twister tails for $90 from Hagan's in SD. All of the 1/32 oz lures are gone but I still have most of the 1/16 oz jigs. 9 cents per lure was my deal of a lifetime.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

It is odd. I like black nowadays. And watermelon fleck even better. I don't think Twisters come in watermelon fleck, though.

I like how I used to use those yellow twisters--loved using them--and then 40 years later I must have mentioned the possibility of fly fishing the smallmouths in the SB, and Andy Still suggested I use yellow poppers. That sort of coincidence sticks in the mind as if some sort of objective thread to experience underlies the two of us.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Just trying to point out the fact that for whatever reason some colors simply don't work at all for some anglers.. I can't get a sniff on a yellow grub, never could, while you regularly kicked ass with them..

Not saying you would or could have
"caught more" on another color. I just know that while it worked for you, for me its like putting arsenic on the jig head..

thats what makes the world go round I suppose... bob

Had meant to reply to you, Bob. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Litton View Post
It is odd. I like black nowadays. And watermelon fleck even better. I don't think Twisters come in watermelon fleck, though.
While limited in stores they actually feature a lot of colors online https://www.mistertwister.com/inform...MTSF20%2014BBG

The beauty about twister tails is that almost every color imaginable has been produced by all the various manufacturers. Good luck trying them all out!

They make some real fancy ones with three different colors!
Old 01-18-2019, 10:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
While limited in stores they actually feature a lot of colors online https://www.mistertwister.com/inform...MTSF20%2014BBG

The beauty about twister tails is that almost every color imaginable has been produced by all the various manufacturers. Good luck trying them all out!

They make some real fancy ones with three different colors!
Dang, a little over $3 for a pack of 20?? At that price it's a crime not to pick some up. Gonna order some for spring smallie fishing