NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Come on, slow week or what? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Come on, slow week or what?

What's up everybody??? Not much chatter on the site last couple days What's everybody watching football or what???? LOL Been up to SR couple times the past week and the bite has been slow. Got a few nice smallies but only two hybrids on three trips recently so thats what up with me....Whats going on with every body else ? I check the board everyday and always enjoy new posts whether they are reports with pics or advice or questions etc. SO................................................ ............................................
PS any body looking to get out give me a shout im always looking to get out and fish and meet new People who enjoy our sport as much as i do.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Come on, slow week or what?

WORK WORK WORK for me....and then that whole home and family thing. But now that you mention it I think it's time for a sick day!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

getanet anything going on down by you in the river? I know ur real close to the launch I'm def gonna head down soon for some stripes keep an ear out for some action and we'll meet up for sum salty action
Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Come on, slow week or what?

Work, work, work! Cheerleading stuff with my daughter, meets, competitions. Its big fish season, this site should be filling up with some good reports very soon.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was at RVR over the weekend and spent 4 hours watching a bunch of trout chase each other around and slap tails with each other rather than bite at anything I threw in there.

My skunk stories are pretty meh, unless I see a bear or an eagle it's best to keep my lumps to myself! lol
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So far it's been hit or miss with the stripers up the river i know some guys who are catching and saw several nice ones to confirm the rumors But its not on fire by any means. Best fishing seems to be end of the tide going out on storm shads and theres still bait in the river so hoping it will happen soon. I haven't been out around the bridges or the mouth of the bay yet but gonna try hopefully by next week. I've been burning gas running to spruce run and it's been slow. Been marking alot of fish on the bait but can't get them to bite so gonna start hitting a few other spots and see what happens.
Would like to fish hopatcong if anybodys interested in hooking up, just let me know.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Been fishing at the Oradell Reservoir for one week straight (between 2-6 hours a day). Of the 7 days, I got skunked 4 days. One day, I caught 7 dinks (between 1/2-1 lb). One day, I caught a 1 1/2 lb smallie and last night, I caught a 3 lb large mouth. I tried everything (crank bait, spinner, buzz, football jig, etc.). Only thing they are biting is Zoom finesse worm (not even GY Senko).
Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i been killin the hybrids up here at LH im only a 5min away from the lake. I fished SR once this summer and it was slooooow nothing like up here the lakes on fire this time of the year if you know some spots.......ill pm ya