NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

swartswood 10/13 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default swartswood 10/13

Hit swartswood w my buddy for a few hours Sat. morn. Was 28 degrees air temp and u couldnt see 10feet in front of you on the water, I appreciate my GPS and marine electronics in stuff like that. We launched around 7am and bottom bounced for a while and i nailed 2 small eyes about 20". Later we switched to lures, herring, shiners, etc. jigging and drifting. My buddy Scotty got a nice LM around 2# on a drifted herring and there were some dinks here and there. Not much fish marked or bait for that matter but im sure the cold front had em tight jawed........the eyes were released after pics

Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: swartswood 10/13

Nice fish. Did it seem like the lake has turned over? I'm assuming so considering you got the 'eye off the bottom.

As for fog there, we went there one friday night in May and it was a foggy mess. Couldn't see the end of the floating dock if you were standing on the beginning. Made things interesting but like you said, thank God for GPS.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think it has turned, I marked a little heavy water right on the bottom out in the middle, but no thermocline. Fish was caught kinda shallow off the dropoffs close to points. its a tought lake i can see why alot of people get skunked or dont do well there. Theres monster eyes in there tho thats enough to lure me in lol........
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've fished it 3 or 4 times now strictly for Walleye and haven't landed one yet. I haven't jigged it yet, only topwater at night. We were there last spring during the spawn...wow. Probably saw 30+ fish in the shallows, big glowing eyes, just hanging out. Weirdly, they wouldn't touch our lures nor were they spooked by our kayaks. It got to the point where we could paddle right over them and they wouldn't move.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: swartswood 10/13

Nice catch on a frigid day Jimmy. That place is a Walleye Aquarium. Fishing should break open any day now.