NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sunday in the rain. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Sunday in the rain.

Hey guys,

Went out at noon in the rain to the Rockway for some bow action with a friend. he was using flies and only managed a few chubs. I as using a 1nch grub and had no bites. We then went up to andover around the muskie river for the bow search. Nothing was happening. The water was super low and nothing was moving. Buddy gave up and I didn't want to be skunked. Hit some local ponds from about 3 to 7pm. The bass action in the rain was CRAZY. Using a 4 inch Senko in any color combo of black, red, green and glitter. Lost count after 10. Possibly 12 to 14..maybe more?? Lost a few too cause didn't set the hook or they shook the barbless hook. Most were in the 1lb range or the size in the pic. One really nice one in the 3lbs range Ide say. Would have had more photos, but I killed my phone listing to music. Ha! (mental note, bring extra battery).

Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	95550

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	95551
Old 05-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Banned

Default Re: Sunday in the rain.

Nice fish & good report thanks!
Old 05-02-2016, 01:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Sunday in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingbuddies View Post
Hey guys,

Went out at noon in the rain to the Rockway for some bow action with a friend. he was using flies and only managed a few chubs. I as using a 1nch grub and had no bites. We then went up to andover around the muskie river for the bow search. Nothing was happening. The water was super low and nothing was moving. Buddy gave up and I didn't want to be skunked. Hit some local ponds from about 3 to 7pm. The bass action in the rain was CRAZY. Using a 4 inch Senko in any color combo of black, red, green and glitter. Lost count after 10. Possibly 12 to 14..maybe more?? Lost a few too cause didn't set the hook or they shook the barbless hook. Most were in the 1lb range or the size in the pic. One really nice one in the 3lbs range Ide say. Would have had more photos, but I killed my phone listing to music. Ha! (mental note, bring extra battery).

Attachment 95550

Attachment 95551
I also fished on Sunday in the late afternoon when it was only slightly drizzling and killed it with a 4" green pumpkin/watermelon senko! The bass I caught were close to shore but in deep cover. I ended up doing a balancing act on a lay down that extended about 15 yards into the pond. I walked to the end and then from there was skipping those mini-senkos right back towards the shoreline and under bushes or any other structure. The 4 inchers are great for skipping and since I was using 6 lb test and a medium light rod the lack
Of weight wasn't really an issue. They also have always worked well for me in anything with a current bouncing them along the bottom.