NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-02-2018, 07:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred E. Goose View Post
If you're doing the bait and wait, you'll probably be fine just sitting. The issue comes when you have one or both people standing and casting. Both people shift weight in the one direction, or one's weight shift catches the other off guard.
This is partially accurate... Only when I fish with pops can we both stand and fish most of the day without any issues. Usually anyone else that comes out with me sits, and holds on, while I stand and rock the boat. The first dump was with an inexperienced friend who was standing, lost his balance, then went swimming. Unfortunately he took me and most of my gear in with him.....

The second time was me standing, trying to navigate through 2 lay downs on opposite sides of the river, hitting a submerged log, and going in. Unfortunately, I took pops, and all my gear in with me, lol.......

Oh yeah, both times in the Big P. luckily it was in one of the less polluted sections but it still wasn't fun to have to swim after gear that was floating away...... I remember getting out of the water, emptying my pockets, and seeing one of my oars floating by. So yeah, I jumped back in to grab it, had to row back to the launch.......
Old 10-03-2018, 02:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

HAHA, adventures! Well, those memories will last longer than any fish you caught. Sucks about the gear and taking a dunk in the P. I've been nervous about hitting a stump and having the boat stop while I continue to go!
Old 10-07-2018, 09:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Other than thmyorke1 and RyanMac it looks like we have the same crew as always! Hmmmmmmm! Where the **** is everyone??? Lol!!! Always a good time out there especially if we get into em! C’mon boys and girls! Join the madness!!!

Thmyorke and Chase are riding with me! Who else has room on there vessel???
sorry eddie there is not much room in my single seat canoe but i will be there.. icebadger in
Old 10-07-2018, 03:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You can count me in and couple of my buddies! Cant wait for this get together!
Old 10-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Site Sponsor

Me and Eddie had the mamba out today, nothing at the usual spot but white perch....we did find a good batch on the other side of the lake got one to the boat screen lit up thought it was gonna be game on but they had lock jaw for some reason. Need a good cold snap this meet n greet might be perfect timing! I'm thinking,

I got rookie Nick riding with me day of meet n greet, anyone else with room I know there were a few others asking,
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-10-2018, 07:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet

Man those marks were good. Watcha gona do? Sometimes the fish have lockjaw! It happens! The water level is dropping quick fellas but we’ll be good to go for the Meet-N-Greet! Yes indeed!

Dale, GetAnet, Buddy!!! We have some people interested in this on the water orgi! What’s the meeting time my brother? GETANET?????
Old 10-10-2018, 12:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

what you didnt' bring your jigging rapalas!?
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-10-2018, 06:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Only about a week and a half to go for Hybrid Madness! Starting to get amped up hoping they will be hungry after the weather change that's coming! Hopefully a little cooler weather will get em goin! Gonna try and get up there this weekend to see how it's going but remember things change from day to day so be positive! I remember a couple years back Jimmy the Greek and I fished the day before and we didn't do very well at all and then the next day POW! EVERYBODY was hooked up all day!!!! Stupid fishing at best! I know some of you remember that one! All the boats anchored in a NJF Flotilla and everywhere you looked someone was hooked up! So all I can say is if you can make it come on out we always have a blast no matter how good or bad the fishing is!!!!

PS.... Has anybody seen my vampire I mean partner???????? I think he left me for some Mexican!!!!!!LMAO

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS

Last edited by GetANet; 10-10-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 06:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm going to try to be up at Lee's by six thirty am Ya know I'm gettin old now so da bones don't bend as well as they used to! There should be enough people there hopefully to help out with launching should need be! I figure get up there BS for a few while we're launching and then off we go! SO anymore questions feel free to post em up and I'll be sure to answer them asap I'm not a computer junkie so i'm not online everyday but I will make the attempt to check the board from now till the day before to help answer anybody's questions! By the way does anybody know what the water level is like????? FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 10-10-2018, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Was up there yesterday getting down, speaking with a worker and was told 1.5-1.75 per day down. Another 18-24 in another week and a half. Catchem up