NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lookin for some help/advice.. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Lookin for some help/advice..

Soo i live in Union Co and just recently purchased a kayak... im a big time saltwater fisherman and have had the yak in the bays a couple times with good results...Im interested in gettin this thing in some sweet water i no RV and Sp Run r 2 spots but i dont no much about them rules/regs and all that jazz..also if anyone knows of any other spots in my area i could launch and fish at... most of my "local" spots i belive r off limits for kayaks/boats since they r on the smaller side....I dont want to intrude on anyones spots so i dont need specifics just trying to avoid gettin hassled if i decide to launch somewhere...thanx in advance lookin forward to your suggestions ...Mike
Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lookin for some help/advice..

I live in Nutley, not too far from you, and am also a big kayak fisherman. The Passaic River is the first spot that comes to mind. It has tons of launch spots and good Largemouth/Smallmouth/Pike fishing. I tend to target the area along Rt 46/80 in Wayne, but will be trying the area closer to you in the next week or so (Chatham, New Providence, Berkeley Heights). Its slow moving and depending on where you launch from, pretty secluded for the most part. Most of it is no deeper than 4-7ft and like I said, extremely slow moving.

If you dont mind driving 30-60 minutes, Northern Jersey has a ton of great places. Splitrock Reservoir in Rockaway is beautiful and kayak/canoe only(no gasoline outboards). Monksville Reservoir in West Milford/Ringwood is just as pretty and has a ton of cool features to explore (standing timber, coves, etc.). Pompton Lake in the Wayne/Pompton Lakes area is perfectly sized for paddling and offers great Bass fishing. Those are pretty much the main spots I hit from my kayak and have had a ton of success so far this year. Throw me a PM and I will get into more specifics...

I know Round Valley and Spruce Run may be a tad closer to you, but I havent fished those spots since I was a little kid and cant give you much insight on them.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Places to Fish-Rivers and Streams - State of New Jersey
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/fishstrm.htm

Places to Fish-Ponds - State of New Jersey
http://nj.gov/dep/fgw/fishplc.htm

"Great Fishing Close to Home" Brochures
http://nj.gov/dep/fgw/fishingbrochures.htm
Old 08-11-2011, 03:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Awesome thanx guys ill be on google earth all night checkin into these areas ... ill definitly PM skunk...thanx again
Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

maps.bing.com

then click on birds eye views and you can do 4 different angles...

much clearer than google earth - use it all the time!