NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2017 Fall Trout - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2017 Fall Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
If non-pristine streams in urban areas get stocked in the spring, such as the passaic, how come they can't get it in the fall?

28.5 times as many trout are available in the spring than the fall. Therefore, a lot more waters can be stocked.

Spring: approximately 570,000 rainbow trout raised at the Division's Pequest Trout Hatchery are stocked into 88 streams and 88 ponds and lakes located throughout New Jersey. The majority of trout will average 10½ inches but large breeders, measuring 15 - 21", and weighing up to 5 pounds are also distributed in the early weeks of the season.

Fall: more than 20,000 trout measuring approximately 14" up to 22" in length and weighing one-and-a-half pounds to almost eight pounds will be stocked. These Rainbow Trout will be stocked in 16 streams and 21 ponds.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
28.5 times as many trout are available in the spring than the fall. Therefore, a lot more waters can be stocked.

Spring: approximately 570,000 rainbow trout raised at the Division's Pequest Trout Hatchery are stocked into 88 streams and 88 ponds and lakes located throughout New Jersey. The majority of trout will average 10½ inches but large breeders, measuring 15 - 21", and weighing up to 5 pounds are also distributed in the early weeks of the season.

Fall: more than 20,000 trout measuring approximately 14" up to 22" in length and weighing one-and-a-half pounds to almost eight pounds will be stocked. These Rainbow Trout will be stocked in 16 streams and 21 ponds.
Of course but I figured it would be better to stock those urban streams than urban ponds. My only experience with this is at Barbour's pond, a short drive from college, and seeing a flock of cormorants stationed in the water every time I visit,spotting rainbows in their mouths when they came back up for air.

I thought most trout anglers preferred fishing in streams than ponds, but I guess there being trout anglers at that pond proves there is an audience.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: 2017 Fall Trout

This debate is getting old, really old! I catch Trout all year long especially during cooler summers! The stocking schedule is available for the seasonal anglers! It's not complicated! "You fish for a species, you catch that species!" It all just takes practice! People pay for licenses and enjoy the taste of Rainbow Trout right out of the runway! I say let them have there fun! They paid for it!

Not every angler puts 40,000 miles on there vehicle per year like some of us! They like the cozy ponds and small stocked lakes close to home. Gotta keep everyone happy to be successful! If everyone's not happy in business, well, your ****ED!!! It's that simple!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post

Not every angler puts 40,000 miles on there vehicle per year like some of us!
I love this statement!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
I love this statement!
LOLOLOL! 225,000 miles on my POS Chevy! I think I'm getting my money's worth!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ya got me beat. 145k on a 2012 VW.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:53 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
This debate is getting old, really old!
Amen!

I was getting some fatties into November. You just can't fish the same spots as everyone else. Those bigger fish are more fun too.

Thmy- they stock the pompton in spring. I've watched a pike inhale a stockie. The passiac has more pike, so I guess their not feeding them. They also seem to stock waters that are both fishable(ramapo, kenlockwood) and hold fish. Their not stocking the smaller scenic streams or the big ones. Want guys to get some good fish without going crazy I guess
Old 09-24-2017, 11:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
I'd say most. 65-70%? If it can sustain that influx of population. I'm sure the fisheries folks aim to strike a balance with existing populations there. 2650 pieces of esox bait LOL
KLG usually gets 375-600. They will be stocking all along the S.B.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
If non-pristine streams in urban areas get stocked in the spring, such as the passaic, how come they can't get it in the fall?
im wondering the same thing, but about the rahway