NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rising Sun - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-29-2018, 11:04 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Rising Sun

Got to the lake a bit after 7 seeing trucks w/ trailers parked all the way out to the road. Apparently there is some club/group doing Friday night competitions from 7-11, from what i heard from one of the boaters telling some kayakers. Next Friday i believe they'll be at stone tavern.

Despite the crowd I walked the dam throwing a 5" neko rigged senko and a loon whopper plopper, catching 2 dinks and a very lean 16" LMB on the senko, i had one dink blow up on the WP but unhooked on its first jump, and one that felt much heavier than the 16 come off the Senko
Old 07-04-2018, 07:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Rising Sun

I guess all 3 lakes are good but shallow ?
Rising Sun, Stone Tavern and Assunpink. Would like pics if you can, thanx.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:12 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I guess all 3 lakes are good but shallow ?
Rising Sun, Stone Tavern and Assunpink. Would like pics if you can, thanx.
Yes they are all relatively shallow ...ST and RS both have spots as deep as 20' and the big lake is only 13' according to these maps https://www.genesismaps.com/SocialMap - which i think jives with the maps on the F&G website.

I was back at rising sun this morning at sunrise and caught a dink bass on my second cast, and then had 2 dinks hit the whopper plopper just before leaving that both shook the bait ... I think my timing is off on the hookset, having not fished topwater baits in a long time.

I almost took a picture mid morning of the lake with the fog on the water as it looked very post card or travel brochure like. I'll start getting some more shots of these lakes going forward. I have never been to stone tavern and haven't been back to assunpink since i discovered stone tavern being the dam is a long stretch of easily accessible water that i can get to with the kids, but I plan on visiting both this summer.

On my ride home I went to brainerd lake for 30 minutes to try to catch some crappie, which i ended up with 1 hand sized Crappie and bluegill and 1 baitsized gill and a dink bass on a white grub jig.