NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lh 8/24 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Lh 8/24

Got down to the boat and was at Dow's for bait just after 6am. Saw plenty of life on the sonar, and setup shop at a fav spot. After sitting on bait and fish for half an hour w no action, I decided to power drift the area after seeing life on the side scan. The same 7-8 boats from last week were on the same point, but there was nothing there that I could see on side imaging. Made a move to the other side of the lake and found some good bait, decided to go on the troll and after a while I connected w a decent schoolie. Worked the area for a while longer w nothing, but sitting on good marks. Threw a binsky down and pulled up 2 pie plate crappies, they were loaded in there. Back on the troll and made my way further down the break when I had to go around a 30+ footer anchored up attempting to fish w bobbers. Going thru 40+fow w a blank screen the rod goes off hard. Fish peels crazy drag and I can barely get the rod out of the holder. Had to stop the boat to fight this fish, wasnt sure what it was but I thought I may have my 10lber Ive been trying for. After a long fight and 150ft of drag peeled it came up and was a solid wiper, but no where near 10# prob around 6#. He hit the herring head on and hooked himself under the chin by his gills, no wonder he fought like hell. Regardless it was the best fight of the season so far, tough day w only 2 fish in 3 hrs, when the skies cleared the yahoos came out and I split. The other guys on the lake I spoke too had a tough day too, many got the skunk, I got lucky I guess. Good to see Anthony out there w his brother and nephew, about time that new Lund starts getting wet again!! haha...........Hope this weekend is better, Im so ready for the fall jig bite

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lh 8/24

sweet jimmy,nice going
Old 08-27-2014, 03:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Lh 8/24

YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Great catch Jimmy. Sounds like you did better than everyone else. Nice looking fish! They'll be fattening up quite nicely very, very sooooon! YEAAAAA BOYEEEEEEE!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice!! getting me pumped up for this fall season!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Have had the same thing happen many times, the fish seems to come out of nowhere and hit when you don't expect it and there's nothing on the screen. (just got a new one w/si a 398ci si seems to have all the bells and whistle, just a small screen and a great price om amazon) Also have had some of the real good fights out of smaller fish. Hoping for a good weekend also.
Nice fish buddy!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I stopped at Dow's on Tuesday around 4pm. Literally at least 15 boats going wide open throttle at the same time on the main lake. Can't wait til they go back to their couches so we can get back out there. Nice work Jimmy.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-28-2014, 12:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Won't be long and we will be jigging them without the weekend
speedsters