NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

waders - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-02-2012, 02:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default waders

shopping for my first pair of waders this week, having always owned a boat I never needed them. apparently they're more than just rubber now! looking for advice on a pair for year round fishing lake, stream, river, and eventual kayak water protection. suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Post Re: waders

I've gone to breathable for all season minus salmon and steelies up north cause I find in nj your just not that deep that long to need neo- yes they are much more flexible but they can also give you some of the best cases of swamp ass and foot you've ever found- good thermal socks and under pants: like under armor and some comfy heavyweight sweats and you'll be good
I have had a pair from a non sponsor that rhymes with uhhhh ...numb fingers-tough to find a rhyme lol - but they have a zipper front- to me this is the best thing going-im actually in the process of designing an add on attachable waterproof "zip fly" for men's waders. If you fish like me and my boys at points,you can understand why easy access to drain the weasel can be an issue at points... Now I can just walk up to the bank and water the overgrown bush.
So I say zip panel bratheables
I haven't found neo's with a zip but I havent really looked yet
KPI-key point of interest : I endorse the zipper 100%
www.quality1stcompanies.com
Old 09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: waders

thanks for the info, fortunately my kidneys are one of the things that have held up over the years so that shouldn't be an issue. I also try not to leave the house to go fishing before my morning movement but the swamp ass sounds like a definite liability! I guess I'd be looking for comfort, dryness (obviously), weight, durability, and traction, sound right? maybe use them a couple times a month.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Re: waders

tycomps has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space
Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
tycomps has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space
done, thank you sir.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I just ordered a pair of the LL Bean flyweight breathables stocking foot. For $79 bucks with a satisfaction garuntee how can you go wrong.
Reviews were prety good.
Any reports on them?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

LL Bean still guarantee for life? My brother lives in Maine and used to work for Goodwill of Maine. LL Bean would donate tons of stuff to the Portland store and whenever I was up I'd pick stuff up at a fraction of the cost new, lasted forever. Haven't been up in a while but due for a trip, there's a chain of stores called Mardens that purchases overstock inventory etc... Amazing outdoors equipment for 50% off anywhere else. When I had my Dodge Ram I'd fill the bed with stuff!

http://mardens.com/