NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

round valley - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: round valley

Sorry I didn't catch your message last night. I was on the water at RVR at 6 AM today just in time for a torrential downpour that lasted about 45 mins. Glad I brought the rainsuit.

Sitting on the sofa now waiting for a break in the rain to go wet a line at Roberts Street.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz
Sorry I didn't catch your message last night. I was on the water at RVR at 6 AM today just in time for a torrential downpour that lasted about 45 mins. Glad I brought the rainsuit.

Sitting on the sofa now waiting for a break in the rain to go wet a line at Roberts Street.
no problem weather changed my plans and there's a severe weather/flood warning up now until 6pm.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This weather is pffft!

Just lost power for almost an hour. Don't think I'm going to make it over there now...
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Made it to Roberts Street for about an hour. I had more mosquito bites on me than bites on my lure but managed to land a jump-happy dink smallie.

RVR this morning was OK, I managed 2 bass in almost 5 hours playing in the rain including an hour-plus yawn fest on the big lake (not sure why I wandered over, must have been "because it's there"). The one below over 2 LBS and one a little bit smaller that I didn't get a pic of because I needed to get it back in quickly. Kind of weird, I read the posts on here last night about gut-hooking bass and the mortality rate when releasing them and thought to myself that I had never gut-hooked one. Well, that changed today when the bass inhaled a super-fluke with a 4/0 EWG hook on it.

In any case, fishing in the rain beats working.