NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

round valley - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default round valley

wanted to make a trip this week to round valley since I haven't been there in 45 years. figured I'd do my usual up at 4 and on the water by 6 but I see on the web park hours are 8-7 after labor day. is this right? I've read reports of nighttime fishing and I'll be on foot so all I'd need is shoreline access.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: round valley

the 8-7 time applies to only the main entrance of the park. I never go this way, because of the time limits and the $10 dollars to park your car here. You should take the boat launch entrance, it's free to park and open all day for the most part.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

thanks. I'm looking for smallmouths, if anyone can give me info without spot burning PM me, appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

For exact spots to fish you should check out some other fishing websites where they are interested in giving out info that will help others. This one is mostly a brag board.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

It hasn't gotten that bad has it? I think that if you contribute info you get info. Not necessarily specific (spot burning) or in the public arena (PM me). I share information regularly with several members on the site and I'd like to think there's a mutual benefit. Unless there's another board that lists boards that list other boards that give out information like that?

ps- reading roundvalley.com which seems to be mostly trout oriented, I was looking more for structure/weed bed/shore access information pertaining to bass.

Last edited by tycomps; 09-01-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I was there on saturday but I only fished w the downriggers in deep water for trout. I will say the water is crystal clear, unbeleivable. I could see my flashers 45feet down. There isnt much weed and cover, to the right of the boat launches looked good and across the whole lake slightly to the left from launch was good bass habitat. I hit other lakes when targeting smallmouths, much better fishing there
Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzonly
For exact spots to fish you should check out some other fishing websites where they are interested in giving out info that will help others. This one is mostly a brag board.
One thing I always use to do is forget check my pm's. Sometimes useful info in there.......
Old 09-02-2012, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

thanks jtg,

I have a friend who lives across 31 in anandale that fished rv a lot for trout last year until he sold his boat so I plan on picking his brain as well. he gets bronzebacks at several spots I know of near his house on the sb so I'll have
a contingency plan as well.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJerzyG
One thing I always use to do is forget check my pm's. Sometimes useful info in there.......
Sounds like you are not aware of the PM "you got mail" notification.
To set it go to the user control tab. Under Options, there is a area that you can check off to receive a notification when a PM is received.
Just trying to help... not brag
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've only fished Round Valley from the shoreline, too.
The problem, it appears to me, is that the reservoir's water is too clean. These pristine, oligotrophic waters just can't sustain a high density of aquatic life.

From the shoreline, the shallows look like a desert, completely devoid of all life except snails.

I've read that the Round Valley Trout Association has tried to stock the waters with alewife herring to create a forage base, but the herring eventually disappeared because there wasn't enough plankton in the water for them to feed on.

Tycomps, check you PM box.