NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

RV Trout contest with the boy! 7/24 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-25-2021, 04:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking RV Trout contest with the boy! 7/24

Chase and I fished the contest together this weekend. Got to the Valley around 7PM Friday, set up camp and headed right back out for the night bite. I haven’t done this in years so I chummed em’ up pretty heavy. Got the slick going and by 10 PM it was game on. Chase was awake for the first few fish but passed out in the boat around 11. I stuck with it and wound up going 8-14 while the boy slept. He was so tired he didn’t even budge with all the commotion going on. Landed one really good fish shortly after midnight and called it quits around 130 when the action slowed. Silly Rainbows seem to fight a bit harder at night.

Back out of the lake bright and early Saturday morning to try to look for more big Trout. We had action from the get go but there were too many short strikes and too many dropped fish. Finally started connecting in the afternoon but never found the right one. Ended up with 6 cookie cutter Rainbows and headed home to drop Chase off as he had plans for Sunday. Popular kid!!

Today! I got out there bright and early with my 6 rod spread and again had action right from the start but never found the kicker fish to get me to the top of the leader board. Landed 5 more Bows with my Ill equipped trolling machine and then the light switch turned off for me. Bummer!!! I couldn’t buy a bite after 10AM. It’s all good though, quality time with the boy in the great outdoors was well worth it. We’ll try again next time for sure!

Big thanks to Mikey and the boys from the The Sporting Life and the RVTA for having this awesome contest for our friend Tommy. I’m sure he was smiling down on us from above. TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 07-25-2021 at 04:52 PM..
Old 07-25-2021, 05:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: RV Trout contest with the boy! 7/24

Good work Eddie and Chase i didnt know it was good at night there that's awesome
Old 07-25-2021, 10:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: RV Trout contest with the boy! 7/24

Great eating trout right there, so glad the weather held up nicely for the tournament.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:36 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: RV Trout contest with the boy! 7/24

Seems like evreyone had a great time, sweet redemption is on the way pal! And I’m not sitting on the bench this time 🙏😎
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423