NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Maiden Voyage - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-30-2022, 08:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Maiden Voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
here in NY state, you never , and I mean NEVER see a life jacket on anyonw thats fishing... Even mid winter when guys are fishing in 36 degree water that is nothing but white caps in 30 mph wind, on these massive 40 mile long 600 feet deep lakes.. never made any sense to me... I never fish without one... I swim like a cinderblock so it a must, but even if I could swim I would wear one... a LOT of fishermen and boaters drown on the Finger and Great Lakes because they wanted to be comfortable and not wear a vest .... After 2 minutes i don't even realize I am wearing one.. Good to see the OP and his lovely bride wearing one!!
Nov.1 thru May 1.

https://www.zifflaw.com/ny-injury-la...r-through-may/
Old 06-30-2022, 10:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
here in NY state, you never , and I mean NEVER see a life jacket on anyonw thats fishing... Even mid winter when guys are fishing in 36 degree water that is nothing but white caps in 30 mph wind, on these massive 40 mile long 600 feet deep lakes.. never made any sense to me... I never fish without one... I swim like a cinderblock so it a must, but even if I could swim I would wear one... a LOT of fishermen and boaters drown on the Finger and Great Lakes because they wanted to be comfortable and not wear a vest .... After 2 minutes i don't even realize I am wearing one.. Good to see the OP and his lovely bride wearing one!!
Scary stuff can happen on the water, and on the rig's maiden voyage we wanted to be safe. We'll likely wear them often, but we're also both very strong swimmers There may be times in the future (mostly peak summer) we take them off but this time was not one of them. Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
The Vernon Vessel
The Never-ever-sink
The Raritan Skunker
I'm liking the top two....I haven't suffered at the raritan enough to deserve that last one though

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
NICE !! I have the motor, bracket and battery also, put that set up on my canoe after I almost died at Round Valley. With the motor you may need to register the canoe, I did since mine is 17 feet long, also had to take the Boaters Safety Course ( if you can beleive it !) Split Rock is a gem with a small motor ! Don't forget black jitterbugs at dusk and at night, probably the most fun I ever had. Be careful taking your spouse out in your canoe, I did and she caught a state record trout from Round Valley !
Haha round valley is one i'll wait on until I get it fully dialed in I did get this one registered, and if you can believe it, it only took one trip to the DMV I love splitrock, I used to hit it with my smaller kayak semi frequently. Lost my PB smallmouth in there, right at the kayak. Luke will have to help me carry everything down that freakin steep launch though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich196 View Post
VERY COOL Congrats and good luck with it. Nothing better then your wife fishing with you.
Thanks! She doesn't fish much, but she enjoys being on the water either way so its a win-win. When she does fish, she catches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Congrats, good luck and be safe !
Thank you!
Old 07-24-2022, 07:58 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
NICE !! I have the motor, bracket and battery also, put that set up on my canoe after I almost died at Round Valley. With the motor you may need to register the canoe, I did since mine is 17 feet long, also had to take the Boaters Safety Course ( if you can beleive it !)
Do these canoes need lights to run a trolling motor once it’s registered?
Old 07-24-2022, 05:20 PM
Site Sponsor

Best of luck with her capt!!!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 07-25-2022, 09:47 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptofu View Post
Do these canoes need lights to run a trolling motor once it’s registered?
If you want to run it at night, yes. Also need a whistle/airhorn and a fire extinguisher!
Old 08-06-2022, 12:23 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
NICE !! I have the motor, bracket and battery also, put that set up on my canoe after I almost died at Round Valley. With the motor you may need to register the canoe, I did since mine is 17 feet long, also had to take the Boaters Safety Course ( if you can beleive it !) Split Rock is a gem with a small motor ! Don't forget black jitterbugs at dusk and at night, probably the most fun I ever had. Be careful taking your spouse out in your canoe, I did and she caught a state record trout from Round Valley !
Hi Andy,
May i ask what happened to you on round valley? I guess you were in a canoe? Glad you are ok