NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

All you HYBRID guy's step INSIDE..... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2015, 02:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default All you HYBRID guy's step INSIDE.....

I'm gonna try my luck this weekend (Have a 4 day weekend) for the first time fishing for Hybrids at Manasquan Res. I'm just not really sure what the best way to go about this, and I hear the chicken liver is a real bitch keeping it on the hook. I was suggested to use #4 & #6 baitholder hooks, I also read to use a treble hook, because it's easier to hold the bait. If I could just get some info, on the setup you use, kinda hook,what kind of sinker, size to cut the chicken live up, and how far to run the sinker up from the hook. As of last Sunday, I'm still catching some pretty good largemouth out of Manasquan, so i have to assume that I still should be able to catch Hybrids??? Or should I just stick to Largemouth and smallies, and not bother with Hybrids??? Thank you guy's, I just joined the forum about a month ago, and I have to say, it's a great place for information with a GREAT bunch of guy's. I will be def. be giving back to the board helping others when I can.