NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Free 12’ Jon Boat and trailer w/ electric trolling Motor - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-07-2021, 02:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Free 12’ Jon Boat and trailer w/ electric trolling Motor

I purchased a 12’ flat bottom aluminum jon boat a few years back and have kept it at spruce run since then. With each passing year (and each new kid) I found that I used it less and less with this past summer being the worst yet – not once was it out on the water. Since I am paying to store the boat at SR and not using it doesn’t make much sense for me to hold on to it. At the same time, I don’t have the time or inclination to deal with selling it, and while it floats as well as ever, I have let it go a bit and the boat and trailer registration is at least two years expired.

With that said, I have paperwork evidencing my purchase of the boat, transfer of ownership, some registration documents, sales contract, surrender of the seller’s plates, etc.

Link to a Google Drive folder with pics copied below, hope it works. I have included pictures of what the boat looked like when I bought it (and could look like again with a little paint, plywood and work) as well as what it looks like now. Since it is currently stored unsecured at SR by the launch, and the launch is open 24 hours a day, anyone who wants the boat can simply go there any time of the day or night, hitch it to your truck, and bring it home. Getting it registered and new plates may be a bit more of a hassle.

To sweeten the deal I will also throw in a Minn Kota 40 lb thrust electric trolling motor and marine batter to go with it. Those are also pictured below and are free to anyone who (i) takes the boat and (ii) is willing to pick up the motor and battery at my house in Scotch Plains. I have also posted pics of some other equipment I have and would sell for a fair price (negotiable). These include a decent fish finder, bow mounted electric trolling motor with motorized steering (using the included fob or footpad) and another marine battery. If anyone is interested send me a PM or even better, a text at 609-658-1256. I will respond with the spot number so you can easily locate the boat at SR. Need it out before summer storage ends later this month or I will have to pay more for winter storage.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3psilPc3NIEEuj
Old 10-07-2021, 08:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Free 12’ Jon Boat and trailer w/ electric trolling Motor

nice! sent you a text
Old 10-09-2021, 01:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A fellow NJF’er took the boat off my hands. Hope it provides
Many years of service. Thanks for all the inquiries guys!
Old 10-10-2021, 08:30 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

That was a very nice gesture.. We should all be so generous....the world would be a better place.