NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

White perch fishing - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-24-2018, 06:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile White perch fishing

Time to get the fresh water gear out of the basement...I know, I usually fish the surf but until Stripers get moving, fresh water will do..I stopped at Wal Mart today for Canadian night crawlers..Plenty to go around...gonna hit
Oradell Reservoir during the week...The white perch and yellow perch should be moving around...gotta warm up after a long winter...see ya on the beach real soon, Rammie
Old 03-24-2018, 08:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: White perch fishing

Good luck dude!!! Hopefully you get a bend in the rod. We had schoolie Stripers up the river in February. Since then the cold water and constant nor’easter’s shut the bite down unfortunately! We get that little warm up it’s going to be game on!!!
Old 03-24-2018, 08:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: White perch fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMFISH66 View Post
gonna hit Oradell Reservoir during the week...
You got the permit for 2018? I've been thinking about getting it every year, then saltwater starts and I forget all about it...
Old 03-25-2018, 09:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yes, have $30.00 permit in hand...I remember when it was FREE and after 9/11 the price started..whata you gonna do...KEEP FISHING!!!! I only live 5 minutes from it so when I do not feel like going to the beach reservoir here I come....see 'ya later, Rammie

Last edited by RAMMFISH66; 03-25-2018 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: updating---
Old 09-30-2018, 08:35 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMFISH66 View Post
Yes, have $30.00 permit in hand...I remember when it was FREE and after 9/11 the price started..whata you gonna do...KEEP FISHING!!!! I only live 5 minutes from it so when I do not feel like going to the beach reservoir here I come....see 'ya later, Rammie
When was the Oradell reservoir free?
I talked to a few old salts who said they had nickle buttons back in 1940's.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:10 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

White perch have been biting really well at oradell the last two weeks, caught some really big ones last weekend and kept a few for dinner. Pretty tasty!

I caught one big one on a ned rig, total surprise catch. The others on nightcrawlers and cut white perch. Caught a medium size white perch which i used for cut bait, and caught a few more really big ones with that. Had a mix of yellow perch in there too, but none were very big.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: White perch fishing @Oradell Reservoir

Fished today using WalMart night crawlers and caught a load of 1lb+ White Perch. They fight like hell and are good eating. Gonna be back there tomorrow. Also caught real small yellow perch/white perch new hatchlings. The water is boiling with fish and the birds are taking advantage of it too. My permit is good till Nov and gonna use it as much as possible...see ya all later, RAMMIE