NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Deal Lake 5/24/12 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Deal Lake 5/24/12

I hit up Deal Lake after work figuring the dingy skies would have the fish on the move. Well, they were on the move alright. Problem is, they were all carp. Big ones, too. I wasn't even trying and almost snagged a few, including one that left behind a scale that was the size of a half-dollar! I managed one bass about 1.5 lbs. on a Rat-L-Trap in three hours.

Once the fog started rolling in thick I saw pods of small baitfish moving around near the outflow, with nothing on them. If there were any bass around, I would think they'd be blowing up all over them. Nary a ripple. I know the majority of the bass are in the east end of the lake, but I was utterly shocked that there wasn't more activity along the sea wall.

Deal Lake drives me nuts. I'll go through stretches where I barely catch anything, and when I'm just about to give up on the place it gives me a 4 lb. bass, or a bunch of stripers, or easy pickings on giant carp feasting on mulberries. Such is fishing, I suppose.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 05-25-2012, 11:05 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Deal Lake 5/24/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard Almighty
I hit up Deal Lake after work figuring the dingy skies would have the fish on the move. Well, they were on the move alright. Problem is, they were all carp. Big ones, too. I wasn't even trying and almost snagged a few, including one that left behind a scale that was the size of a half-dollar! I managed one bass about 1.5 lbs. on a Rat-L-Trap in three hours.

Once the fog started rolling in thick I saw pods of small baitfish moving around near the outflow, with nothing on them. If there were any bass around, I would think they'd be blowing up all over them. Nary a ripple. I know the majority of the bass are in the east end of the lake, but I was utterly shocked that there wasn't more activity along the sea wall.

Deal Lake drives me nuts. I'll go through stretches where I barely catch anything, and when I'm just about to give up on the place it gives me a 4 lb. bass, or a bunch of stripers, or easy pickings on giant carp feasting on mulberries. Such is fishing, I suppose.
If you dont mind me asking, where were the carp?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfish246
If you dont mind me asking, where were the carp?
Just about everywhere, especially close to shore.
GONE FISHIN'

Old 05-25-2012, 12:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You stated: Deal Lake drives me nuts! Gives up nothing in long stretches then you score steady for a while.
It's priming you for marriage. LMAO
PS At least the lake can't write a honey-do list everyday like I get. And when you had enough of it you can just walk away. It doesn't complain or whine either. Stick with fishing.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz
You stated: Deal Lake drives me nuts! Gives up nothing in long stretches then you score steady for a while.
It's priming you for marriage. LMAO
PS At least the lake can't write a honey-do list everyday like I get. And when you had enough of it you can just walk away. It doesn't complain or whine either. Stick with fishing.
HA! Made my day! And once again made me glad I'm single.
GONE FISHIN'

Old 05-25-2012, 11:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard Almighty
HA! Made my day! And once again made me glad I'm single.
Single is a Singular thing...Take me, i have been married for 20 + years and I can't think of a SINGLE moment that I have not been SINGLE in my boat (fishing buddies excluded)!

Furthermore, wife prefers my SINGLE moments as the plural drive her crazy if the fish are biting and I'm stuck at home.

Single now means TEAM SUPER COOL w/ my duaghters, so

That said, a double life can be fished SINGULAR, fishing folk excluded, while the SWEET life is enjoyed at home. My daughters only like the salt...bigger fish and more consistent action...so it it is a SINGLE event nearly every time for me to fresh water fish! Guess I'm SINGLE sometimes...just saying

DOINK
Old 05-28-2012, 08:12 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I managed to get one daughter ( of 3 ) and my son into fishing... However they all growled up and got busy.... So now I need grand kids

In the meantime hit the surf occasionally and local ponds and ( rarely nowadays ) local rivers ... Since I'm not SINGLE lol.

Rob