NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Big pond and Big D - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-29-2023, 12:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Big pond and Big D

Hit the big pond a week after the warm up. What a difference! Went from fishing 38 degree with 10-15mph in my ice bib, to 60 degrees in a t shirt. Water warmed up significantly and I went fishing memories. Shallow rocky point that was holding some nice Wallys, had now been taken over by Larry’s. Popped 7 fish in about 45 mins. Fishing a jointed Rapala on the shallow rocks and then as soon as it cleared the edge, ticking the weed tops that where the hits came. Action died down and went looking for cooler water to find the Wally’s but no luck.

Hit the Big D on Thursday for some quick smallies. Popped a few fish here and there. Jigs and minnow baits did the trick. Water had a slight stain to it. Spring progression slowed down a lot with this cool weather. Looking forward to the warming trend.
Old 04-30-2023, 04:59 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Big pond and Big D

Sounds like you had quite a change in conditions, huh? It's always great to fish in comfortable weather. I love how quickly things can turn around after a warm up. I'm curious, though, what depth were you finding the most success at?
Old 04-30-2023, 02:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Big pond and Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.p View Post
Sounds like you had quite a change in conditions, huh? It's always great to fish in comfortable weather. I love how quickly things can turn around after a warm up. I'm curious, though, what depth were you finding the most success at?
Up really shallow. 0-6 foot areas
Old 04-30-2023, 04:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Big pond and Big D

There he is. That nite nite can be funny. They definitely move around a lot especially when the Herring spawn starts. Nice Basses!