NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Season Smallmouth Contest?! - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Season Smallmouth Contest?!

NO WINNING ALL THREE PRIZES! C'mon. Let's not start all the games and every time someone posts something we add or change the rules again and again and again.

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

No winning all 3 prizes. Still looking for someone to donate something for 3rd place. C'mon guys, need some ideas for a prize here. What are your thoughts? Spoke with 15footer last night, he should have the breakdown of the contest posted tonight or tomorrow. It's very basic, take a pic of a GIANT SMALLIE next to your tape measure and post it on the NJF 2014 SMALLIE CONTEST thread. The 3 biggest fish win something.

YEA BUDDY!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Just so you know I plan on posting a pic (if not several) of a "Not So Giant Smallie" as that is most likely what I'll catch!

We should plan an end of contest MnG to hand out the prizes if we can pull it off. Maybe a final day of fishing to see if anyone can steal the crown at the last minute...then awards BBQ to follow. This group usually figures out a way to have a good time when it gets together so why not. I'm in for helping with planning it out and coordinating food/beverages/ place etc.

Will PM my contact info in case you are up for it.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcritch View Post
Just so you know I plan on posting a pic (if not several) of a "Not So Giant Smallie" as that is most likely what I'll catch!

We should plan an end of contest MnG to hand out the prizes if we can pull it off. Maybe a final day of fishing to see if anyone can steal the crown at the last minute...then awards BBQ to follow. This group usually figures out a way to have a good time when it gets together so why not. I'm in for helping with planning it out and coordinating food/beverages/ place etc.

Will PM my contact info in case you are up for it.
Great idea Ken! I'm all ears. Where could we pull this off? Have any ideas for the BBQ location?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

For BBQ finish at state parks with pond or lake would be a good start, places like Waywayanda Lake or Shepards lake, have huge parking areas and both have picnic table and grill all over the place,,However I'd say u bring your own grills,,Could even have a miney tourny that morning to give every one that last min shot to pull victory for the jaws of defeat...LOL Just my 2 cents worth
Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
No winning all 3 prizes. Still looking for someone to donate something for 3rd place. C'mon guys, need some ideas for a prize here. What are your thoughts? Spoke with 15footer last night, he should have the breakdown of the contest posted tonight or tomorrow. It's very basic, take a pic of a GIANT SMALLIE next to your tape measure and post it on the NJF 2014 SMALLIE CONTEST thread. The 3 biggest fish win something.

YEA BUDDY!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!
Would a case of a mixed selection craft brews from NJ be out of line for a 3rd place finish? I know not everyone likes a beer but I would be more than happy to put it together as a prize...

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Great idea Ken! I'm all ears. Where could we pull this off? Have any ideas for the BBQ location?
Depending on the timing of the end of contest, a good central location for everyone involved, and someplace that has Smallies the first place that comes to my mind is Spruce Run. But that is a State Park and we'd have to see what the reg's are on the BBQ plus the beverage situation is a concern there. The other thing I was thinking is we do the fishing then find a local establishment for the awards ceremony. I would even be willng to have the BBQ in my backyard if Bridgewater is an acceptable location...provided the wife doesn't divorce me.....and depending on the numbers. I got a nice firepit out back that seats about 20 comfortably or 30 standing and a yard for any overflow! Totally open to suggestions.

If enough guys are interested in any of those options by way of response I'll look into it see what I can come up with. What date is the "end of tourney" date...do we know? I PM'd 15Footer my info so we can talk about it. Once he gets the contest details set I can get to work on this if it seems to be something the crew wants to do.

OK now it really does need to get warm...I'm gettin' psyched!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ View Post
Would a case of a mixed selection craft brews from NJ be out of line for a 3rd place finish? I know not everyone likes a beer but I would be more than happy to put it together as a prize...
That would be enough for me to actually cheat and hope I didn't come in higher than third!!! Great Idea!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
For BBQ finish at state parks with pond or lake would be a good start, places like Waywayanda Lake or Shepards lake, have huge parking areas and both have picnic table and grill all over the place
Was thinking the same idea but remember we have guys from the shore in Monmouth and Ocean counties as well as over in Mercer County and south to Camden and Gloucester Counties. And even further in all directions. I'll go anywhere we finally decide but It would be nice to try to have it somehwere in the middle so it's an option for our southern brethren as well!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Still looking for someone to donate something for 3rd place. C'mon guys, need some ideas for a prize here.

How about this 3rd place trophy: