NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Plenty of trout - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Plenty of trout

Last few evenings had company on my fav NJ stream, weather I guess. Plenty of average fish to be had, I'm sort of constrained to a stretch a nite due to re habbin' a knee sprain, can't cover the ground I used to so I'm not piling up numbers.
Being confined & fishing water more thoroughly does have it's benefits, I now try at least several lure changes before leaving a run. Supringly thet change alone equals more fish than I would have caught had I fished normal pace.
I'm convinced there are big fish yet to be had since water levels were up earlier & now angler count will go down faster than the water levels. Plenty of time left to rack up another big girl or two than I'll have to wait for fall !
Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Plenty of trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lou
Last few evenings had company on my fav NJ stream, weather I guess. Plenty of average fish to be had, I'm sort of constrained to a stretch a nite due to re habbin' a knee sprain, can't cover the ground I used to so I'm not piling up numbers.
Being confined & fishing water more thoroughly does have it's benefits, I now try at least several lure changes before leaving a run. Supringly thet change alone equals more fish than I would have caught had I fished normal pace.
I'm convinced there are big fish yet to be had since water levels were up earlier & now angler count will go down faster than the water levels. Plenty of time left to rack up another big girl or two than I'll have to wait for fall !
Go get 'em gimpy! Nothing stops Captain Lou from fishing. Not even a torn knee cartlidge. You'd da man!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Their are a lot of big fish in the streams right now... a lot..

my dad went yesterday - caught 62 trout / 1 big one / had another on and saw over 6 other big fish in the water.

his buddy - got 42 / and got a big rainbow...

michael82929@yahoo.com
Old 05-12-2011, 01:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

62 and 42? I thought the limit was 6 fish a day?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

All were catch and release
Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

bad knee? try fishing in a cast thats what I've had to do this year! it changes the whole way you fish! but still manage to enjoy the time fishing!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigman90
bad knee? try fishing in a cast thats what I've had to do this year! it changes the whole way you fish! but still manage to enjoy the time fishing!
Ever think of using one of those black leaf bags around your leg? Wrap it around your thigh with duct tape. Better than nothing.