NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Jamaica mangrove trip + Aeroflex/Swartswood - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-05-2016, 03:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Jamaica mangrove trip + Aeroflex/Swartswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyjerzeyhed View Post
hey man quick question ill be heading to negril end of june for 10days. Ive done deep sea with stanley out there but didnt have much luck as we were only trolling the over fished reefs. Was thinking of checking out the river as well, who did you use to take you up? Ive only read a few things about "famous vincent" not sure who else to talk to about a trip.
The name of the boat was "The Seashell", a simple but spacious wooden boat painted yellow/green/red with a blue pop-up top. The guide's name was Matt I believe. He does mostly the deeper stuff, but really any guide if they want the money should be able to take you to the river. From what he told me, the North Negril River is the spot, very underfished considering. Check it out on google maps, the inlet is just north of Bloody Bay. The Negril River, is overfished and "dead sea" pretty much from what I've heard.

PS: If you can, bring your own gear! And especially bring your own lures, leader and terminal tackle, that kind of stuff is at a PREMIUM on the island. I left our guide with some jigheads and swimshads along with a nice tip!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek

Last edited by Skunk City; 05-05-2016 at 03:44 PM..