NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sea tow or boat US? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Sea tow or boat US?

If you are in the Sandy Hook area both Sea Tow in Highlands and Tow Boat Us in Atl Highlands are top notch outfits, cannot go wrong with either one
Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeya78
I already get that from west marine,they don't offer more points toward that or a discount for being a member of boat US? I never actually read about the discount it was told to me by someone.
Yes you get more points per dollar spent with a BoatUS menbership than with the standard West Marine program at West Marine.

This has nothing to do with towing services. To qualify for the bigger BoatUS reward, you need to maintain a BoatUS membership which is cheap, about $15/year. I would not spend the $15/ yr just to get better reward. I do buy my marine insurance through BoatUS and they have other services and discount programs.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sea Tow is the way to go we blew a prop last year and had gas problems and both times Sea tow was there to bail us out just great people and very supportive! fast service! wouldn't boat without them especially because our boat is a 1997 !! go with Sea Tow
Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Found out today that you can add another name on your Boat US towing insurance policy for no charge, so I added my brother since we are not always on the boat together.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Unless anything has changed since I last researched Boat US will get you at the canyon if you needed it. It might be a Manasquan boat that passes you off to the highlands boat. It is also a little cheaper if you have a repair facility in your Marina. The more expensive version is for them to tow you from your Marina to a repair facility. I just renewed with Boat US. You save a few more bucks when you renew at the boat shows.