NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

I am bad a trout fishing - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-13-2016, 07:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: I am bad a trout fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Jigs, you can thank me later.
+1.....
Old 04-13-2016, 03:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

+2!!
Old 04-13-2016, 04:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

+3 for any and all species
Old 04-13-2016, 09:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'll put a few cent in on this...
First off as said before, loose the snap period bro!!, my favorite go to spinner is the "prop blade" rooster tail spinner in white, this is mainly for streams. I believe it's 1/16th of an ounce, looks almost like an inline buzz bait with its propeller shaped spinner that doesn't need to be reeled at all to give action: buy 3 of them and a few other colors you like- get them for sure.
Second: did you say Bobber? Lol, loose them as well for a stream unless using fatheads... Use split shot heavy enough to just hold bottom depending on current, I think 7 in slow and 5 for faster if I'm right, I prefer the round non removable style, seems like less snags.
Third: my go to bait method for bait fishing- I call this the "million dollar rig"
Take a mealworm on a size 12 hook, 10 if going for larger: I prefer the red gamikatsu octopus hook, no larger! - hook the worm in through center of the legs/neck area and out through the back of its head: I like the superworms you can get from one of our sponsors - Effingers in bound brook- they are the only one I know that carry them.... Here's the next more technical step...
Take some power bait, I prefer the ones with glitter or gulp in cheese,chartreuse,orange,or white take a clump large enough to be the size of a salmon egg! Roll this between your index and middle finger to form a coil(small sausage shape) once you have an even coil, place this coil above the head ov the worm, but allow a little overlap and close the coil around the hook and tippy top of the worms head and form that into a ball and keep the tip of the worms head inside the outer ball of PB to make it look as a worm is gorging on an egg in the water
Lastly and for some reason at lakes with bigguns my top secret is power eggs in white (anal beads) tipped with a waxworm or two, don't ask me why but it's dialed me in 4 breeders last Sunday- only day I fished and my 7# tiger plus many others last year... You don't have to listen, but these are my suggestions
I may not post much anymore, but I do fish!
Tight lines!!
Adam out.
www.quality1stcompanies.com

Last edited by dfish28; 04-13-2016 at 09:44 PM..
Old 04-14-2016, 01:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Zak there are a lot of good suggestions here. When I first started fishing for trout about 20 years ago, I read the book Fishing for Trout by Andy Gennaro. That book has a lot good info for someone just starting out. I also suggest watching YouTube videos of people fishing local streams to see what is working for others.

One other suggestion I have is to see if you can catch stocked trout either in a small pond or one of the numerous small brooks & streams that are stocked in NW Jersey before you fish a larger stream like the Musky. You'll have an easier time finding the fish. Once you have good day fishing a local brook, and you get a good idea of where the fish are then give the Musky another shot. The Musky in Stevens St. Park is a good place to learn how to catch stocked trout before the water there warms up in June and the fish disappear.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Oh yeah. Stocked trout love butterworms. Cuz here on njfishing turned me on to them. Most of the local bait places should have them now. Or you can buy them online from http://www.elliotsbutterworms.com/
Old 04-16-2016, 07:09 PM
NJFishing.com Member

caught 3 today! Plus a white sucker. Could not have done it without the input from everyone on this thread! Thank you. Pictures to come Monday!
Old 04-17-2016, 02:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaknorman75 View Post
caught 3 today! Plus a white sucker. Could not have done it without the input from everyone on this thread! Thank you. Pictures to come Monday!
nice work !!
Old 04-17-2016, 03:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

i would teach u how to get job done