NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

World Fishing and Outdoor Expo in Suffern, NY - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-01-2014, 06:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: World Fishing and Outdoor Expo in Suffern, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwl2oneida View Post
I went today when the show opened. It was as expected, pretty good show if u want to book a trip. Some gear booths as well. Definitely a good way to kill a few hours.
I couldn't agree more.

There were a few too many lodges/landowners selling hunting and fishing trips, in my opinion. From what I'm told, it's always been like that. I guess I just had more fun with it as a kid, seeing all the skins and stuffed animals and whatnot. Good show, tho, still good for a few hours of browsing. There was a good talk on Thursday about fluke fishing as well, from a Long Island fisherman. Good stuff.

Anyone check out the boats and their ridiculous prices? A 20' deep V starcraft is nice in concept, but for $46k? No way. And that Skeeter bass boat I believe it was, $62k. Absolutely awesome boat in every detail, but I was stunned on the prices.

Definitely a great way to spend some time with the kids tho. I believe tomorrow (Sunday) is family day. There are free offers for kids and discounted prices.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Can't keep of the ice !!!!! YEA BABY!!!!!!! The Hell With The Shows!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Heading up there in the AM with the kid; he has informed he wants to get a mounted fish...any idea if any taxidermy vendors are set up at the show? (he saw some for sale at the somerset show a year or two ago, and I havent heard the end of it since I didn't buy him a trout for his wall, lol)
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Tell him he's gotta catch it! No buying mounts unless you caught it! Lol. Motivation to make dad put up or shut up haha...
Old 03-02-2014, 02:12 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I believe they're called "true life" taxidermy is there. Very good work from orange county NY.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Cool, totally agree jigman, we are just catch and release guys, and he has had a couple of mount worthy fish....little too much coin though.... Kid just loves fish, fishing, and anything related to it...
Old 03-02-2014, 01:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I hit the show on Friday. Not packed but crowded.
It seems like more and more hunting spaces every year.
Found a few nice buck tails for a buck, 5 dollar wooden plugs, point Judith type metals for 2/$5, and hit the worm bar for some senko clones.
all in all a good show to kick the cabin fever.
Saltwater expo in a few weeks.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Decent enough time for me and Bubba...He didn't get a mount but wrangled me into buying him a stuffed animal sturgeon, lol....Also won a trip for 2 on the Rideau River with "Musky Joe", hopefully not a scam(?),..... picked up some keitechs and got to handle some nice reels that are waaaaaaaay outta this guys price range....Guy from Quantum even gave the Bubbster some pointers for when he picks up his fist baitcaster...also got to shoot the BS with shimano rep for awhile, which was cool
Old 03-02-2014, 04:54 PM
iceehot6766

Had a great time the past 3 days at the World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition.....Seen ALOT of familiar faces and made some new friends.many guys from this site as well......So many cool people gathered here all weekend celebrating the Great Outdoors....I saw some good seminars that even though aimed at beginners, reminded me of simple things I sometimes overlook while on the water..... seminars from the real bass pros Mike Iaconelli, Brandon Palaniuk, Paul Mueller, and John Crews....Special thanks to my friends John and Q-Man at Quantum Fishing and Sandy at Northern Bass Supply for the hook ups.......I actually came away from all this with very little financial damage and ended up with some great new Japanese baits for the spring that I know the bass are gonna crush!!.....I really had a great time all weekend long.....Let's get some open water now!!!....Here's a few pics from the past few days.....

Bassmaster Classic Winner Mike Iaconelli

Bassmaster Elite 2013 Winner Brandon Palanuiuk

Last edited by iceehot6766; 03-03-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasdad View Post
and he has had a couple of mount worthy fish....Kid just loves fish, fishing, and anything related to it...
That's just an awesome statement. Hope my kids turn out that way!