NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

9/23/13 Fishing Report - Not Exciting - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 AM
iceehot6766

Default Re: 9/23/13 Fishing Report - Not Exciting

Told you I ain't kidding....LOL....This is just one box of new unopened stuff..can't see from the picture but this box is deep!!!.......Fishing addiction!!...Gotta love it!!!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Haha that's awesome Iceee

Hey FastEddie, because the weather is cold should presentation be slower? Or should I just vary it every cast?

Thanks !!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Mike the water temps are only down a few degrees from summer highs, but this signals fish to put the feedbag on and fatten up for the long winter ahead. My biggest question is what are u fishing from boat wise? remember that 90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake, so if ur just fishing blind on a spot that looks fishy, u can throw the arsenal and not get a nibble all day. When I go to a new body of water blindly, I first study the lake map of topography and spend just as much time searching w my electronics as I do fishing, sometimes more searching. I see no point to just randomly tossing lures at empty water. Otherwise u can try to troll making several passes at different depths or drifting live bait at several depths and see what the fish want. On these bigger body of waters the fish get HEAVY pressure from anglers, if ur not presenting it perfectly chances are u wont get bit. Those small ponds u can go catch 30 bass out of are like that because nobody fishes them. Swartswood for instance has HUGE amounts of natural herring, the fish are fat and not hungry like other waters, u need to hit em in the nose or get a reaction strike to really catch them well there. Find a good spot, and stay in that area and work it real hard. As far as big swartswood goes, I wouldnt use anything other than a jig or herring til theres ice up there, u need to be within 5 feet of the bottom at all times to pull fish right now, Im not talking about LMB, I mean SM, perch, eyeballs, etc. jig jig jig and jig some more
Old 09-24-2013, 03:17 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks Jimmy !!

This is why I love this forum.