NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New Pike Spot!!! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: New Pike Spot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basspilot
Awesome! I had a similar situation on the saddle river a few years back when I pulled out what looked to be some type of rainbow/golden trout mix breed. Went to take a picture of the little guy while my buddy was holding it and before I can snap a photo he flopped back into the river and away he went. Be careful posting on here about specific spots though as there are ALOTTT of lurkers who will blow that spot up in no time. I've posted pictures where before it I never saw anyone now when I go I'm almost bound to see people.
When I lived up north, we saw this bizarre fish in a local pond. We could never catch it, and could not figure out what it was. It looked like the biggest goldfish you have ever seen. Probably 10-12" long, wrong shape to be a trout. It survived the winters just fine, as far as I know. I wonder if it is still there...
Old 04-17-2013, 05:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATH1089
When I lived up north, we saw this bizarre fish in a local pond. We could never catch it, and could not figure out what it was. It looked like the biggest goldfish you have ever seen. Probably 10-12" long, wrong shape to be a trout. It survived the winters just fine, as far as I know. I wonder if it is still there...

sounds like a Koy Fish
Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Harder
sounds like a Koy Fish
Definitely Koi Fish or large species goldfish. Fish stores sell koi sometimes very small and people do not realize that they can grow to such large sizes so they dump them into ponds and lakes once they out grow their tanks. They are cold-water fish thus being able to live through winters. I see them quite frequently in some of the ponds I go to. Some well over 20+inches.

But nice pike bunker! I actually work right near that spot . Don't worry I won't spot burn you lol. I pretty much leave that area once I'm out. Congrats on the Pike!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:07 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Lower Rock. It was stocked w/ pike a few years back after the state truck broke down on its way to the PR. Instead of letting them all die,, they dumped them into the Rockaway. Not a fish story - heard it from Montville Police who stopped one day to chat. I thought they're going to kick me out of my parking spot but were there just to talk fishing. And yes some pike do move up from PR as well.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker
My Son Chris Works With Us Now So For Lunch Everyday We Go Fishing
Behind The Montville Dinner.we Catch Small Perch,crappie,lm Bass,
Slim Darts And Carp But Today My Son Got A 23in Pike.i Almost Dropped My Phone In The Water Trying To Get A Photo But By The Time I Was Ready He Had Let It Go So It Would Not Be Hurt In Any Way.we Fish There Allot And That Is The First Pike I've Seen There.the Carp Are Thick In There Now Also.
I live 1 mile from there, I always see cars parked and people going to fish but I don't know exactly where they fish from. Are you walking about the Rockaway River there or do you fish from one of the bridges?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

We Just Fish From The Bridge But You Can Walk Down And Fish Also.