NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bass Pro Shop Coming To NJ!! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Bass Pro Shop Coming To NJ!!

I rather support the local guys rather than that big box store where customer service is probably non existent and be told "Whatever we have is on the shelf" I hate when ppl don't know crap about the sport and just stock the shelves like robots.

Ok I'm done venting
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatcreek
We need a sporting goods store in the clinton area. Anyone remember Dans, that was a great place and Dan was a great guy as most of your local shop owners are. Support those local shops please. Maybe it's just an illusion, but to me it seams back in the day and I'm in my 60s. You use to go to the store and get what you wanted. Now they are 10 times as big and you have to settle for what they got. Every time I go to Cabelas I can never find what I want and it seamed Dans always had it.

Speaking of Dans... anyone remember Sabos on Rt 22 in Whitehouse from back in the day? Small little place but had a good selection including lure making supplies. It was where I learned to make my own spinners as a kid.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Loved Sabo's. Mr. Sabo could be cranky but he was a supporter of the local community. Had plenty of stock of lures, and live bait to boot. He sold out when Merck bought his place to put in the driveway to the buildings of Rte 22 West by Bohem's Golf Center.