NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

reservoir x - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: reservoir x

Thanks for the support Andy, coming from a well envolved guy like yourself is nice. Because of a few people I know I'm able to fish the place and am pretty sure tax payer dollars were used to stock it but the taxpayer isn't allowed to fish it is not fair in my oppinion. I will gladly take some of the regulars out there from njfishing. I was able to catch my first walleye from info I gathered on this site and had many other outings stemming from njfishing reports.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice December catch man!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice Catch. Just out of curiosity, how'd pike get in there anyway if there's no fishing aloud and there not stocked anywhere close enough to migrate into the lake??
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanx guys, I'm not sure northjerz but I know hybrids were put in I have caught many in the past, they are slowly starting to die off being that they don't reproduce. The pike have been slowly starting to appear more and more, my first was about 7 years ago. A place that big I would have to think they were stocked to be able to reproduce. It's a damn hard place to get any info out of, they keep there stuff top secret man. I have caught them from 15 inches to 20 lbs. Place has potential to be a great pike fishery, but still they are few and far between. This fall we have caught about 10-15 total.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Jrock I met a dude with a young kid ice fishing Monks 2 years ago. He says he lives right over the bridge and takes a quad trail over some hill and fishes the falls area. Is that possible? You probably know him,he lives in the area.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:14 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

reservoir x is most likely wanaque....i know LOTS of guys who fish it and do very very well...the place is a gold mine
Old 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

yes it is a gold mine if you are talking about Wanaque... its a shame if there is pike in there... had the opportunity to fish there a few times before it closed... awesome smallie and trout fishing... the pike and muskie must be well fed...
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

So I decided that in the event that reservoir x is in fact the wanaque I was curious if was even possible to attain a permit. Well let's just say that if you attempt it good luck and if you go out there and fish it on your own accord and your caught well read about you in the newspaper. I did some research and called the wanaque pd, fish and game, njdwc, and franks b&t and there is absolutely no way. The reservoir "police" or security as I was told there called are extremely rude and unprofessional and tried to imply I had some type of negative intent which since I'm obviously posting on this thread couldn't be further from the truth. From the conversation I had with them there are no warnings and they would be more than happy to arrest you as I was told. More than likely it is another reservoir but I just wanted to post this info before someone else jumps through hoops like I attempted or gets themselves in trouble. Tight lines everyone!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

lol...maybe it's charlottesburg or hanks pond then...who knows
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

or point view res...all spots i wish i could fish at!
Closed Thread