NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bridgewater, NJ bass pond help!!! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Bridgewater, NJ bass pond help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz
There's some drainage pond between the Bridgewater Commons Mall and the Commons Village but I don't think there are any fish in there. It was only built a few years ago, I suppose it could have been stocked, but I've never seen anyone fish there. It would be pretty wild if there's fish in it.

To the East of the Mall is Washington Valley Reservoir and the bass fishing there can be decent. Figure a 10+ minute drive to get to the main park's parking lot and a little under a 10 minute walk to the shore access on the other side.

Round Valley Reservoir Boatramp area is probably a 25 minute ride up 22 from there.

North Branch where Cuz mentions would be the quickest option for fishing but not really good for bass.

I work over there on Somerset Corp Bld. It is funny you mention this pond. For the first time today i drove past chipotle heading towards the mall and saw it. Looks fishy, wouldnt be surprised if there is anything in there. Not sure about getting down to it, but where there is a will there is a way
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLongo
I work over there on Somerset Corp Bld. It is funny you mention this pond. For the first time today i drove past chipotle heading towards the mall and saw it. Looks fishy, wouldnt be surprised if there is anything in there. Not sure about getting down to it, but where there is a will there is a way
I parked back there in April when I went to get a birthday gift for the wife at Crate & Barrel and had a long look at it. I don't think the pond itself was there until recently, unless the property owners or some renegade stocking vigilante put fish in there I don't know how there could be fish in it.

Would be kinda nice, pull up and park, hit the Starbucks for a cup of coffee and then wet some lines.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 PM
maddhatterr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz
I parked back there in April when I went to get a birthday gift for the wife at Crate & Barrel and had a long look at it. I don't think the pond itself was there until recently, unless the property owners or some renegade stocking vigilante put fish in there I don't know how there could be fish in it.

Would be kinda nice, pull up and park, hit the Starbucks for a cup of coffee and then wet some lines.
Don't know about the starbusck thing but this pond is not new and has been there for a while...and holds fish.....as far as the park and fish yes it would be nice....however access is an issue.....Joe was right this pond is fishy indeed...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:01 PM
maddhatterr

Parked in the crate and stuff lot and rigged three rods with various weapons of choice as security drove by twice but never stop or said anything so I figured green light and began to make my way towards the water....Joe nailed it tight fishin....also signed no this and no that...will prosicute, So I decided to make my way back to the truck and see if I drew any attetntion...didn't so it was back to the waters edge....managed to make several cast despite the over grown brush....no takers but this is not a drainage pond....watch several fish bolt from the edge as I trampled brush to get to waters edge...after hearing alot of activity in the lot I decide I should beat feet out of there....gotts change my approach stradigy alittle....but it holds fish...what I can only guess...I'd say the pond is over an acre and has all kind of wildlife from sunnnys to frogs and I suspect bass!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110616185530.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	37306  

Last edited by maddhatterr; 06-16-2011 at 10:07 PM..
Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Glad you checked it out. Bring a machete next time, maybe a tube and just float out there. I would venture to say that no one ever really fishes it. Would kind of be like shooting fish in a barrel
Old 06-17-2011, 04:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Cool that there's fish in there. I may be thinking it's new only because the Village shopping center is new and I never noticed the pond in the 7+ years I have lived in Bridgewater until April. There is a concrete drain pipe I saw which is why I figured it was a drainage pool.

Not sure why they have the sign up but it would explain why you never see anyone fishing there.