NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Washington ralley? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Washington ralley?

Just got home from the DC trip. Must say I was greatly impressed by the fisherman Sport/Comercial/ and Pary- Charter who came together.

Our Brothers and sisters came from Alaska to Maine from California to Florida from The Carolina's to Mass. A great crowd.

While we heard from many Senators and Representatives that told us they support us WE CAN NOT STOP THE PRESSURE.

Call, write or email your Senator and Congressmen to support S1255 and H1584.

They know we mean business and we have to keep it up.

Many thanks to those whose hard work put this together, they did a fantastic job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DC 4.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	20071   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC 2.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	20072   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC 1.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	20073   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC 3.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	20074  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks to everyone who made an effort!

Leif
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	March or Die 4.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	20075  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Jason and I got home about 15 minutes ago. Long day but well worth it. Good crowd and was nice to see both commercial and recreational anglers on the same page.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Yes, it was a great day and we made history. Made a lot of new friends, and found some old ones. Marilyn (I hope I spelled it right) will be the most memorable, thanks for making the long broken bus ride more pleasurable.
I hope to see a list of merchants who didn't show up, so that we can vote with $$$$ too !!!!! Thank you all who showed up.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Site Sponsor

Just Got Home

Was a Great Day Today...Nice to see so many familiar faces from Nj and a great turn out from so many states all there standing up for what they love so much!!!

Lots Of Great speakers!!!

Thanks You to everyone who was involved in planning this and making it possible to happen!!!.... as well as everyone who attended/ supported the Event!!!
Capt. Jerry (732) 688-0765
Office (732) 403-6056
www.fishmongercharters.com

Last edited by Capt. Jerry P; 02-24-2010 at 10:36 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Washington ralley?

AH Bus 2 made it home! After changing busses. Long day, kind of tired. Thanks to all that made it a very sucessful day.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Someone Upstairs Likes Us Fishermen A Lot But Has A Sick Sense Of Humor

A. The Weather, Imagine If The Rally Was The 25th
B. A/h Bus 2 Broke Down And Our Genius Bus Driver On Bus 1 Actually Thought And Started To Try And Make Room For The Sold Out Bus 2 Passengers To Ride On Our Bus, Not Sure If He Noticed That There Were Only 2 Open Seats (believe me this post doesn't mean we didnt want to help out but....)

What Was Hell Was He Thinking, How The Hell Were We Going To Fit 50 More People On Our Bus ?? I'm Not A NASA Engineer But Really

Now That Was The Sick Sense Of Humor Part

The Part That Someone Upstairs Likes Us Is,
As We Were Going To Start To Attempt This Modern Marvel Circus Act, Two Academy Buses Passed Us And Pulled Over. And Holy Sh*t One Was Completely Empty

The Sigh Of Relief Was That Of When An Airplane Lands.....
I Hope Academy Bus Doesn't Charge By Mile Or Hour As They Took Every Short Cut Exit Ramp To A New Traffic Jam (lol)

But We Are All Home , Safe, And Truly Thankful For The Transportation Coordinators From Our Group.

As Far As The Rally ( Which Was My First Rally Attended) Based On Numbers And Crowd Enthusiasm I Think It Was A Real Success And I Feel Proud That I Was A Part Of This Day ( 10 Years From Now When My Son And I Are Fishing I Cant Tell Him All About What I Was A Part Of On 2/24/10)
It Was Very Informative And Educational To Hear Legislation, Stories And Facts On How Commercial, Recreational And The Weekend Fisherman Are All Affected By These Issues ( How Ridiculous Is The Car Tire Requirement In Florida)
Old 02-25-2010, 05:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great to see so many NJFishing friends on the buses and @ the rally. Amazed that fishermen came from Alaska, California (third year with no Salmon keeping), SC, Fla, NC, Mass, Montauk, etc..

Special props and thanks to SHIRTGUY Jeff who provided everyone on the AH buses with fishing towels that read " I Fish ! I Vote ! I Marched ". Nice touch, and the towels also had shout-outs to NJFishing, Capt Ron's Fishermen, and SSFFF. Thanks Jeff - a memorable day will now be looked back at fondly when I use your towel.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Site Sponsor

United We Fish - Gloucester Times
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A great day to be around a bunch of great people. What a blast!!! Thanks to all the people that put this amazing event in place. The speakers kept the crowd rocking and 3 hours just flew right bye. If you could not make it, you really missed something special. This event really showed me as a fisherman,a captain,and charter owner the importance of joining and supporting the many groups(SSFFF,UnitedBoatmen,RFA, just to name a few) that fight for our best interest. Hopefully we wont need to do this again but if we do just let me what time the bus is leaving. On a side note I am sure glad that we do not have to worry about catching turtles around here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 006-1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	20090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008-1.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	20091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 010-1.jpg
Views:	265