NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pepacton reservoir NY - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-16-2015, 04:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Pepacton reservoir NY

Years back that was a big brown trout haven literally many fish in ten lb range were numerous so catching one barely raise eyebrows. This was in the 60's
We used to hunt grouse & deer I this region , Oct feeder streams were chock full of huge Browns ! As a young kid looking at those trout spawning just mesmerized me .
Old 06-16-2015, 05:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey fishoff don't worry your not bursting any bubbles. If I'm gonna keep trout to eat, or any fish for that matter, they are gonna be the smaller ones. The limit on trout is five pounds and that's pushing it. Any thing bigger just doesn't taste good. If I'm ever fortunate enough to catch a ten fifteen pounder out of there its going right back. That's just my personal oppinion. Seems like you may have misinterpereded my post as if I'm bragging so if that's the case let me clear myself up. I never intended for this post to be a me bragging. I get a lot of info from these guys here on the board, for example I found out all about the night bites onhopatcong and greenwood through this forum and it has led me to countless fun excursions out late night catching fish. Matter of fact I caught my first walleye that way. So I like to throw posts out there to maybe give someone else an idea and who knows they may have a good time out there. Fact of the matter is there is a ton of guys on here that can go up there and do even better than I did and that's the truth. Hope I cleared things up for you.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

J,

Don't know but post was clear to me. At least made me want to go out there and try it. What is not clear is why I am always thinking of Trailer park boys when I see your nick come up on the forums.

LoL.

Anyways,

As far as bragging .... I don't think anyone on here brags at all. Just sharing. Well maybe that guy who finally figured the Skunskville out. Just have to rub it. .....LOL ....kidding.

Only time you will here me bragging on this forums is when I get that god forsaken pike out of Farrington.... ooooo believe me I be bragging and wont let anyone forget that. ROFLMAO.

Tight Lines

Andre
Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHOFF View Post
Good, don't keep dinks, they don't get big if they are dead and don't promote our place. Enough already without ur junk.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Beautiful trout by Nj standards they are gems, Catskill Reservoirs been producing trout like that for over 40 years..Fished there since '68 when limit was 10 trout..5 pounders and under always released, even 6's and 7's if you had a few 8's or 9's..Then the blitz hit in the early 70's and things changed..But its still better than anything jersey has to offer Cannonsville had monster browns 10 to 15 pounders came from there every year but water problems killed that action..But I believe its coming back some what..Sleepers are the Roundout, were Lake trout have taken hold and Neversink making come back with browns also,,Best advice, check on bait supplies b4 u go..And beware the wind, can be a killer..Many trip just sat on the bank waiting to calm,,Never did..Tough deal after driving 125 miles to get there..
Old 06-16-2015, 07:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice haul buddy!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 06-16-2015, 07:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ding ding ding, Dinner is served, lol!! Nice FISH!!!!
Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice fish. Looks like you had a great time. That's the point of fishing.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Pepacton reservoir NY

Kept some fresh fish for the table, no laws broken, no sweat.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice report thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Predator; 06-17-2015 at 06:44 AM..