NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

minn kota warranty service...wtf - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-10-2017, 12:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: minn kota warranty service...wtf

Chris, What happened to your trolling motor? I'll tell you waht, since I use mine way more then the normal human LOL, over the winter I took it comnpletley apart to check things out and clean it all up. I was impressed to see how good the brushes were running, and how clean them commutator was. Chris, its a "SNAP" to take apart.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich196 View Post
Chris, What happened to your trolling motor? I'll tell you waht, since I use mine way more then the normal human LOL, over the winter I took it comnpletley apart to check things out and clean it all up. I was impressed to see how good the brushes were running, and how clean them commutator was. Chris, its a "SNAP" to take apart.
The seal popped a while ago and the guy from field and tackle repaired it under warranty. it has since popped again twice recently and it makes a clicking noise when off like it's trying to turn on. I feel like the lower unit is probably damaged from water. i figure it's leaked for a while now. It's currently usable but it's giving me 'that feeling'. i guess i could check it out myself.

they basically have a monopoly anyway, i've never seen motor guide for sale anywhere around here and i couldn't even name a 3rd electric motor company haha. I have to get them on the phone and see what my options are hopefully either reimburse me for a repair near me or pay my shipping or something.

another annoying thing is they stopped with the extended 2 year warranty, so i have to pull out my paper work and see exactly how much time i even have left before the one i have is expired!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-10-2017, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think the word you're looking for is oligopoly.

And take to FB. They'll get back to you in less than 24 hrs with a resolution. Social media has companies by the scrote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I think in all these things you have to think about how much your time is worth and what you would pay to avoid the aggravation. Sometimes this is where you find the least unsatisfactory answer. Is this their design? Good luck with it.