NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-09-2017, 09:13 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Warning - Spruce Run Boat Storage

I was working on my boat this week, the Park Police stopped by and checked my credentials. The officer indicated there have been several thefts recently, and they have stepped up patrols considerably. A paddle board was missing, along with boats being vandalized. He indicated they may have to limit access to the park, eliminating the 24/7 policy.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by havea69vette View Post
I was working on my boat this week, the Park Police stopped by and checked my credentials. The officer indicated there have been several thefts recently, and they have stepped up patrols considerably. A paddle board was missing, along with boats being vandalized. He indicated they may have to limit access to the park, eliminating the 24/7 policy.

The Park Police were patrolling the boat storage area yesterday. I've never seen them do that before.

I don't recall this problem in the past. I'm not sure what has changed. I guess it's a combination of factors like suburban development closing in around the reservoir and the heroin epidemic. Either way, treat the boat storage area as you would any other public space - as if you were parking the boat along a busy street in an urban area.

I would hate to see Spruce Run operate by strict daytime hours like Merrill Creek Reservoir is. Evening and night fishing is big pat of fishing for the types of fish they stock there. Having to get off the water just as the evening bite is turning on to avoid getting an expensive trespassing ticket really sucks.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Maybe they should close the storage area? How many boats are kept there and how many folks will bail if it isn't 24/7.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:14 PM
NJFishing.com Member

I keep my boat there year round, I'd be fine with a more restricted area, and hours of operation,
Old 09-13-2017, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Not allowing 24/7 access to spruce run would be absolutely brutal ESP in late spring early summer. There would be riots at the gate. Pretty sure dale would literally kill someone lol.