NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Wading Suggestions !! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Wading Suggestions !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnat View Post
I never fished there, but there is access by the dam on Powerville Rd (near junction w/ CR 624.) which is just up the road from Grace Lord and a good fallback spot. It where I go if I get the skunk at Grace Lord.
Cool and thanks,

Just one more question, just checked out google maps near that damn, where do you park and do you fish the top of the dam or the bottom?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikew36 View Post
my question to you guys is, are there any areas of the passaic that is a consistent 2-3 feet deep for a couple of miles, or another nearby creek/river you think is should hit? I'd like to target pike or trout.
I'll be a voice of dissent and recommend that you do go wading in the Passaic River...as long as it's the Passaic in Basking Ridge. No pike there; you'd have to settle for pickerel.

Closer to Totowa, you have several streams to choose from.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tershedmap.png
Old 12-31-2014, 10:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Cool and thanks,

Just one more question, just checked out google maps near that damn, where do you park and do you fish the top of the dam or the bottom?

Thanks!
mostly below the dam, but they stock above and below. Wading above is not an option however. plenty of parking next to the dam, it is a small park
Old 01-05-2015, 06:20 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Hey guys, Was able to get out on 1/2/15 for about 5 hours on the Rockaway. Waded up and down Grace Lord, struck out but enjoyed some beautiful sights. Then tried my luck at Powerville dam struck out there as well but i had a great time.

I want to thank you guys for your tips and insight, i can see now why caution is needed when wading, i stumbled a few times but my cat-like reflexes kept me upright. Can't wait for spring to get me some trout! till then, i'll be practicing my fly casting!!

Thanks again!!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Hey guys, Was able to get out on 1/2/15 for about 5 hours on the Rockaway. Waded up and down Grace Lord, struck out but enjoyed some beautiful sights. Then tried my luck at Powerville dam struck out there as well but i had a great time.

I want to thank you guys for your tips and insight, i can see now why caution is needed when wading, i stumbled a few times but my cat-like reflexes kept me upright. Can't wait for spring to get me some trout! till then, i'll be practicing my fly casting!!

Thanks again!!
Isn't the damage in Grace Lord from hurricane Irene amazing? The whole hillside went into the river, trees and all.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:14 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnat View Post
Isn't the damage in Grace Lord from hurricane Irene amazing? The whole hillside went into the river, trees and all.
There were still rocks, and chunks of dirt falling into the river about 10ft from me, probably scared all the fish away !