NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Hopatcong Hybrids 10/11 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Hopatcong Hybrids 10/11

Jimmy they were all over the points today 29-35 FT DOWN IN 40-45 FT of water. I was going to get some herring but it started blowing 20-25 with gusts to 30 around noon. I stuck it out in the wind til 3 and then said F@#K THIS, Im out of here. Damn wind just wouldn't lay down. I was fishing for something else today, something with TEETH!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29
Thanx Mark, got blown off the big lake today. It was brutal out there, white caps and a fierce NNW that never seemed to let up. Anyway, I remember that post and fish. Did you ever get an estimate on how big? Gotta be a 10 lber!!!
It was definitely nasty out today man. Oh well, at least you tried. Most guys I showed that to estimated it as a 10-pounder. It probably would have at least placed if not won the year-long KDC last year, but we didn't have a well and I would have killed it getting it back to Dow's. Wasn't worth it in my book. I really need to start measuring and weighing fish, but I just like the pictures.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice fish Skunk, ya got to Love them Hybrid, I fished SR all summer long and had good luck drifting herring. A lot of the guys troll at SR and have good luck. I probably catch fewer fish, but sitting back watching my slip bobber and the sun set at happy hour is great relaxing way to fish till ya hook one of those bad boys and then the fun begins. I've had them spin the boat in a circle and tangle all the lines, had a triple one night with my grandson, that was a hoot. Oh yea that's a pig you got there to Catfish. Biggest one I got at SR was 24" and about 6#. I think LH has some bigger fish, I'm going to have to try and get up there and give it a try. Thanks for the report and all the info.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I went there Thursday very breezy but fishable , got 5 perch 3 crappie a largemouth and a 5# hybrid! Beautiful day once the wind settled down!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Beauty wiper!!! I've had good and bad days there.....I think i just need put more time in there....I only get to fish there once or twice per year and its never during prime spring or fall conditions.....Too much water, too little time...Spring is TOO hot evrywhere else for me to hit LH....Guess i gotta try it soon before winter creeps up and slams us hard.....Gr8 report and sweet liver slob