NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rt 206 / Southern Somerset Co. Bank Fishing ? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-13-2021, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Rt 206 / Southern Somerset Co. Bank Fishing ?

Dropping daughter off for softball practice 5 miles south of the Bridgewater Mall near Rt 206 tomorrow, and will have 90 minutes to fill until practice ends. Any walkable fishing access around there ?

I see 206 crosses the Raritan there but not sure of access and fishable shoreline there.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Rt 206 / Southern Somerset Co. Bank Fishing ?

Just follow the parked cars....
Old 04-14-2021, 10:19 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Ton of options in that area. Just get on google maps and you will find several spots.
Send me a DM if your desperate.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:24 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Hi Pete...messaged you. am not very familiar with 206 south of the mall.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

There's a stocking point on RT 206 near Bridgewater, near the funeral parlor. It has a big pull off for parking as well on the southbound side.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:15 AM
NJFishing.com Member

thanks....i'll look for it during next week's softball dropoff. Last night I didn't see any trout signs or parking pull-off on 206 South or North south of the mall. I don't see any funeral homes near water on googlemaps either. can you please be more specific ?

Last night I parked around the corner from the 206 bridge over the Raritan and walked down along the greenway path, fishing in a few spots. No trout signs, no birds, no people, no sign of any life. Mostly shallow, barren and fishless.

Then drove west along Old York Road to where it crosses the end of the North Branch, did see trout posting signs there and fished by the bridge and south for 100 yards or so, but still no signs of any life (fish, bird, bug, human).

Then ran out of time...went back to 206 area to pick up kid. Will try again next week if other suggestions.

Last edited by NJGrant; 04-15-2021 at 10:22 AM..
Old 04-15-2021, 10:36 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think 206 isnt trout stocked but just upstream the next bridge is heavily stocked. So no doubt there's fish spread out all over the river right now. Did you try bass fishing it? some trout lures should have still picked up a dink bass.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:48 AM
NJFishing.com Member

I'd be willing to bet there are as many fish on Mars as there are where I ended up fishing.

I'll look up the next bridge upstream from 206 and try next week.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGrant View Post
thanks....i'll look for it during next week's softball dropoff. Last night I didn't see any trout signs or parking pull-off on 206 South or North south of the mall. I don't see any funeral homes near water on googlemaps either. can you please be more specific ?

Last night I parked around the corner from the 206 bridge over the Raritan and walked down along the greenway path, fishing in a few spots. No trout signs, no birds, no people, no sign of any life. Mostly shallow, barren and fishless.

Then drove west along Old York Road to where it crosses the end of the North Branch, did see trout posting signs there and fished by the bridge and south for 100 yards or so, but still no signs of any life (fish, bird, bug, human).

Then ran out of time...went back to 206 area to pick up kid. Will try again next week if other suggestions.
Damn I'm thinking of 202 not 206, my bad. There is a closed up burger place across the street as well. Probably 5 miles or so from where you get on from 287 south.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:30 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Turn by light for main st. in Raritan, 2 miles upstream is Duke Island Park, heavily stocked.