NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

up and down Crappies - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-05-2021, 05:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default up and down Crappies

got out at 1pm friday so i headed to the cong.it was a one stop shop as i had a good mix of gills,shiner,perch and crappie.it was a real steady pick until i left 6:30.was back up the lake saturday morning at 6:30 to be greeted by 24 degree temps.i was like pulling teeth trying to catch a fish.ice in all the eyelets,skim ice
on some of the spots,not good.fished till 9am with 2 shiners and 2 crappie so i headed for a hot breakfast.went back up at 2:30 and fish started to chew.was
right back to the good steady catching.had a good limit plus by 6pm and headed home.headed back up sunday morning and it was game on from the first cast.played c&r till 9:30 and headed home to get ready for easter diner at my sons house.my daughter in-law knoted it out of the park with a nice ham and all the trimmings.so after a long sit and a few cups of coffee my son says"lets get some crappie".in the boat at 3pm and off we go.we hit a few spots and picked away but not what we wanted.tried a spot we don't normally fish till later on and bam,game on.it was good fishing with all good crappie.we kept out limits and went into release mood by 5:30.we fished til 7pm and called it a day.the real high light of the weekend was the 10 minute
fight with a muskrat saturday morning.i'm working a cast back when the bobber takes off like a shot.i set the hook and the drag is singing.i think here we go again with a big carp but all the sudden the scrat comes to the top all pissed off.he is running all over the place and i am like holy s&&t!!!for the first time in a long time i am glad the hook pulled.he was pissed but he was ok as he was back out doing his thing a little while later.i guess it true that those mini mite will catch anything.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: up and down Crappies

You did very well compared to others. Cold snap definitely screwed things up.. we found Saturday but took all morning spot hopping to finally found them on the last drop. Let’s hope this warmer weather turns things back on, nice work
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 04-05-2021, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

this is the week Mikey,they will be everywhere and hungry.glad ya found them.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Yes sir. Saturday morning was a good day to go ice fishing. That’s what it felt like. You guys always find the fish. Well done. I almost ran over a Muskrat Saturday. Friggin’ critters were all over the place. Haha!
Old 04-05-2021, 08:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Up and down indeed, the bite was a bit off for me this weekend. I went to a popular spot after work today and managed to get 7 crappies. the cold snap has them off the normal bite you have to search a bit more to find them. glad to hear that muskrat did not bite you after you had him on for a little while those muskrats are big this year. There is a big one around brady bridge that comes right up to were you are fishing to see what is going on.