NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Henderson Harbor, Jefferson County, NY ? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-12-2020, 01:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Henderson Harbor, Jefferson County, NY ?

I will visit family around here (anytime of year) , i will be around Lake Ontario's Henderson + Sackets Harbors , as well as the Black river and Sandy creek, outside of watertown.

Any suggestions or worthwhile guided trips?

I'll watch out for sea-sickness, I get it bad, and I figure Lake Ontario is typically choppy but maybe I can be ok in the bays or on calm mornings.
Ive taken Dramamine on some windy NJ lakes and it worked there at least.

Things I had in mind were jigging lakers (not thinking about trolling) the smallmouth+esox, and any stream trout/salmon.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2020, 02:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Henderson Harbor, Jefferson County, NY ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
I'll watch out for sea-sickness, I get it bad, and I figure Lake Ontario is typically choppy but maybe I can be ok in the bays or on calm mornings.
Ive taken Dramamine on some windy NJ lakes and it worked there at least.
No advice re Ontario but for boat rides...get yourself some Bonine, take 1 before bed and 1 an hour before boarding - you'll be set for the day.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:10 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Fished some of the streams on camp Drum mostly during month of May, and had really great brown trout fishing. I never got to fish the Black River, but it was like the lower Musky or Raritan, looked deep and nice.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks ill try out bonine, Dramamine works so well im sleeping on the canoe first hour lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzguy2 View Post
Fished some of the streams on camp Drum mostly during month of May, and had really great brown trout fishing. I never got to fish the Black River, but it was like the lower Musky or Raritan, looked deep and nice.
Thank you! Yes my bro in law is working there at fort drum. Ill check out the stream trout for sure. Assume theres wild populations throughout those streams