NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Full Moon Fever Redux - 6/8/17 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Full Moon Fever Redux - 6/8/17

Man, that salesman from Ardent just won't leave you guys alone huh?

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 06-15-2017, 07:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
who or what was that in the black outfit? darth buckethead?
Nice guess...Lord Buckethead....it is a goof from the john oliver show on HBO...

he ran for the British PM...apparently anyone can run and all candidate get to be on the stage when they announce the winner...Elmo also ran...i guess it is funnier to me because my company was acquired by a British company and they are so tightly wound yet there political process is a joke....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Buckethead
Old 06-15-2017, 08:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey topaz View Post
Hey squatch how was that motor running with the bent reed? Did it start up?
motor is a 2000 90HP 2 Stroke Merc....ever since i bought the boat (5 years ago) it has been a pia to start...sometimes it would crank right over other times it would take fiddling with the choke, primary ball and throttle....it would never idle smoothly(coughing and sputtering) and would occasionally stall out while idling...it would also hesitate and stutter under acceleration....being new to the boating game I just dismissed all this as being a cranky 2 stroke....

what got me to get it checked out was that the lower carb (it has 3) was dumping fuel into the airbox which was then leaking past the airbox gasket into the lower cowling...replacing the gasket would contain the fuel for a while.....the mechanic initially thought the carb was clogged but then diagnosed it as a bent reed.....reading up on the web it seems that you can diagnose with the motor running there will be air being pushed out of the carb throat that you can feel with your hand and you would experience my symptoms....

happy to report she now runs like a top...starts easy, idles smoothly, no sputtering, stuttering, or hesitation and most importantly no fuel in the airbox!