NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Assunpink 30-May - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-30-2015, 05:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Assunpink 30-May

Out the door by 4 am
On the water and fishing by 5:15 and what a crazy top water bite there was early in the fog!
Landed 8 LMB to 3.5 lbs before sun up in the mist of pre-dawn. First cast was a hookup. When the sun came up, with still a lot of cloud cover switched to a super fluke and landed at least another 8 and one large pickerel. When the sun finally came out the bite was off. Switched to a jig and landed some large bluegill and lots of yellow perch. Made a move to a "hump" I know about and more of the same including 3 of the largest white perch I think I have ever seen. All on ultra light tackle.
Off the water by 11 am with the sun baking me and the wind blowing me around.
A Great day at the pond!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Assunpink 30-May

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker View Post
When the sun finally came out the bite was off. Switched to a jig and landed some large bluegill and lots of yellow perch. !
Oh so true. Once the sun hits the water and wind picks up(they seem to go hand in hand), gamefish seem to turn off and panfish turn on. I too switch to a jig. In my case a Mister Twister curly tail grub(2" - usually white) and its non-stop action: sunfish, crappie. perch, even some predator fish. Caught an 18" bass today on that grub and a few large chainsides. Really is a devastating lure. Can't cast it far but you don't need to.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Assunpink 30-May

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbaiter View Post
a Mister Twister curly tail grub(2" - usually white) and its non-stop action: sunfish, crappie. perch, even some predator fish. Really is a devastating lure. Can't cast it far but you don't need to.
Yeap! My go-to as well.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Cool Re: Assunpink 30-May

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker View Post
Yeap! My go-to as well.
I've been using it pretty much exclusively for the last couple of weeks and have hit perch, crappie, sunnies, pickerel, LMB and rock bass with it.