NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sinkers at flea market prices - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 03-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Sinkers at flea market prices

After reading Tom's post above, I called him. I did at one time drop off a bunch of plain jig heads to him. I did not realize at the time I made my post that he still had some..As plain jig heads became more popular there have been guys that used to make just finished bucktails making plain ones and selling them with the finished ones..I do not blame them nor do I blame the tackle shops for buying from many different suppliers..I get many calls from guys asking where they can get the supplies to finish their bucktails. I try to promote the shops that carry that stuff even though they don't buy from me.Tom just happens to have some of my jigs and he also has the stuff to make complete ones..Kevin might even have some of the heads left..Those are the only 2 shops that MIGHT have some.I don't go from shop to shop or from boat to boat trying to sell stuff..I'm not that way..Maybe that's why I only deal with a handful of CB and one party boat. Tom was right, most shops don't like to deal with people that compete against them..Well then they must be really pissed off at all the flea markets that are going on in their areas right now..Not to mention e-bay..So in conclusion if you need a handful of this or that or some fine quality handtied rigs, stop into any of our sponsor shops and pick some stuff up..they had a bad year with Sandy and all the nasty weather that we have been having.
Gerry if this doesn't belong here or anyplace else, then take it down!!!!!
201-368-8751[/SIZE]
Old 03-02-2014, 08:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This whole thing here was a misunderstanding but it shows just how bad things have become. We use Sam " The Real Sinker Man" for our jig heads and other products..... you have to stick with a good thing when you find it!!

Sam has brought to light a good topic here.... with all of the games being played and the way there is no more loyalty in this business!!!

I am glad we spoke, as I was unaware of what has been going on and I looked deeper into it and it seems my employees have also been fooled by a certain somebody claiming to be Sam as far as sinkers go.

I want to make it clear..... we use the good jigs, made by Sam, the original "plain jig head" guy here. I also wanted to clear this up because I did not want to be placed into the company of other shops that would do anything to save a penny! We hear the things said, we hear the deals being made, we laugh at them...... and we continue to do our thing. We go with that old "Sticks & Stones" saying..... but I admit I get a little upset if I am placed into the company of these guys ..... thats my big issue.

We need more of the smaller sizes, I am sending over the order today Sam. Cant beat the quality, the hooks and the fact that they are true to the sizes. I am glad this is straight as far as Jersey Tackle. The other guys who save a penny and jump ship.... thats their business.... but we are sticking with Sam.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogan View Post
Sam for president of the USA!!!!!!
I 2nd that Kevin! It sucks that somebody would go so dam low as to say they are somebody they are not! Thats like me telling people I make Fish Posion Rods... I cant imagine taking credit for somebody's work and all to make a buck?

We work through the junk and find the best local tackle guys around. Once we find them... we stick with them. I dont care if I break even... I know my customers are getting the best products. I will find a way to make it up elsewhere..
Old 03-02-2014, 03:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

OK, time to ...weigh in....here.. I have now worked with Sam for the past few years and found that he has an unmatched, first class approach to his business and partnership with the people he deals with, whether a tackle shop, tackle maker or individual looking to make some products for themselves. As I have grown my personal business very quickly from it's inception a short time ago, I have learned some very valuable lessons. One is that loyalty and true partnerships in the business are hard to find. I doubt many people here have the slightest inclination of the sacrifices Sam has made and does make regularly for customers and people in general. I have had a few conversations and fished with Sam and have come to respect not only what he does for others but who he is as a person. It's truly a disgrace that someone is representing themself as Sam at the flea markets and now potentially elsewhere. I have had many solicitations as a result of the social media sites, internet web sites and personal interactions from suppliers wanting to conduct business with me. I have remained loyal to Sam and will continue to do so. I know what quality I will get from Sam in every order. I depend on that for my customers, whether the several charter boat captains using my products, the tackle wholesalers or everyday angler buying for personal use in their tacklebox. I hope that someone identifies the impostor "Sam" quickly to put an end to it.
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com
Old 03-05-2014, 08:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkyispy View Post
OK, time to ...weigh in....here.. I have now worked with Sam for the past few years and found that he has an unmatched, first class approach to his business and partnership with the people he deals with, whether a tackle shop, tackle maker or individual looking to make some products for themselves. As I have grown my personal business very quickly from it's inception a short time ago, I have learned some very valuable lessons. One is that loyalty and true partnerships in the business are hard to find. I doubt many people here have the slightest inclination of the sacrifices Sam has made and does make regularly for customers and people in general. I have had a few conversations and fished with Sam and have come to respect not only what he does for others but who he is as a person. It's truly a disgrace that someone is representing themself as Sam at the flea markets and now potentially elsewhere. I have had many solicitations as a result of the social media sites, internet web sites and personal interactions from suppliers wanting to conduct business with me. I have remained loyal to Sam and will continue to do so. I know what quality I will get from Sam in every order. I depend on that for my customers, whether the several charter boat captains using my products, the tackle wholesalers or everyday angler buying for personal use in their tacklebox. I hope that someone identifies the impostor "Sam" quickly to put an end to it.
I agree....... stealing somebody's hard work and name...... its a disgrace. Tough enough in this biz already..... now you have to worry about imposters.....
Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So very true Tom...BUT...the strong will persevere and overcome to come out on top...delivering quality products...as SAM does, will keep others loyal.
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com