NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weekend of rainbows/walleye/hybrids - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-15-2024, 10:35 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Weekend of rainbows/walleye/hybrids

Got out this past weekend with Chris in the streams anxious for his first rainbow trout. I got him into his first rainbow within the first three holes we fished only for it to flop outta his hands as soon as we tried taking a picture of the little guy. Worked our way down river fishing every little pocket/riff/seam we could. We picked a fish here and there but honestly was very slow. Finally get into a few fish and Chris was anxious to catch clean and cook his catch, we put a few on the rope. We left the fish on the stringer walked away maybe 30 feet to take a quick cast before heading up stream and out. No more then 5 mins I reach down for the stringer and it’s gone! We ran into a few guys walking down that were fishing next to the stringer at one point and they swiped the fish off the stringer and threw the stringer on the ground. First time I’ve ever had this happen! Now I’m mad I’m walking up and out and find blue fox packaging laying right on the trail exactly what those guys were throwing when I saw them. Unreal! Very aggravating to say the least such a pristine river in nj. Ended up taking Chris 20 mins away to the musky to a stretch I did good by myself the other day and we got a few for him there.

Sat night I had Phil out for eyes and wipers. Not much surface action going on. Lake temp was 60* casted plugs and stuck a few eyes and a good wiper and beat the rain just in time.

*now booking Sumer hybrid trips June/July

Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 05-15-2024, 12:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Weekend of rainbows/walleye/hybrids

WOW i can not believe that some douche stole the fish off the stringer and littered the lure packaging as well lets hope karma gets those a-holes good. glad to hear that you got some fish for chris anyway.