NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Leonardo Fluke Tournament Sponsored by NJfishing.com - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 8/11 Leonardo Fluke Tournament Sponsored by NJfishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
.... If your boat number is pulled in the drawing you must have someone present at the Captains meeting with the boat ID card to claim the door prize....
Question for ya Gerry - - Are the Raffles being drawn at the Captain's meeting on Friday ? The Email from Ray Finnila states that "... I will be sending out registration cards in the mail on Monday. If you do not receive one by Thursday, August 9, I will email you one...". Our captain should get the card this week but WON'T be attending the Friday meeting . . . . Thx
Old 08-06-2012, 12:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Talking Re: 8/11 Leonardo Fluke Tournament Sponsored by NJfishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560
Gerry,

Will be entering at the captain's mtg. especially knowing we don't have to run up for a start to the hook. Would have considered entering anyway but as Hammer posted earlier for guys fishing from southern ports who don't tow their boats not having to run up to Sandy Hook adds quite a bit more time fishing and cuts down significantly on fuel cost. Happy to hear the committee agreed to a 6:30 honor system start. It would be great if the Elk's some day makes the same provision so the guys fishing from Sandy Hook or any northern port didn't have to run all the way down to MI only to turn around and run all the way back up to fish and deal with the safety issues associated with a shot gun start in that inlet. Unfortunately it's going to take someone getting hurt one of these years for the tournament committee to make a change. I would have to think if there's any shenanigans going on anyway it involves people fishing the days leading up to a tournament and not between the hours of 5:00 and 6:30 the day of so I'm not sure what a shot gun start actually accomplishes or guards against. Anyhow, kudos to the tournament committee in this case for making a decision that accomodates the entrants and makes sense.

Looking forward to a successful tournament and good luck to everyone who enters.

Dakota

Agree with you 100%

I wrote a nice long letter with pros of getting rid of the shotgun start at the elks, and got zero response or even a comment back when I asked tournament director if he got the letter. Guess someone gets their rocks off of seeing that many boats drop the hammer at one time and makes for a great photo op. so will the boat accident that is only a matter of time.

The honor system is best way so what if someone fishes a little before 630 if that is when they caught the fish then they have that skeleton to live with.

I'm with you honor start is less risky than not doing a livewell check from pre-fishing day before. Not saying it happens often but would be more likely than someone not waiting till 630

Gerry you are right bigger money tournaments have honor system on lines in. This tournament is set up great, and besides having multiple weigh in sites which I can completely understand why it was done this way. If weather is good I will be in the tournament but not on my boat.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Larry - Yes the door prizes are going to be drawn at the Captain's meeting on Friday and you need to have someone present along with the boat registration card in order to claim the prizes.

If you send Ray an email rfinnilla@optoline.net I'm sure he can work out some sort of accomodation for you.

See you at the meeting Larry and hope you hang a big Fluke.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 08-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMac

Gerry you are right bigger money tournaments have honor system on lines in. This tournament is set up great, and besides having multiple weigh in sites which I can completely understand why it was done this way. If weather is good I will be in the tournament but not on my boat.
Dmac - Thanks and by the way, I love being right

All kidding aside, one major reason tournaments are run the way they are is becuase they have always been run that way and they are also run by the same people every year. A lot of these committes are volunteer staffed and running one of these things is not an easy task. There are always people 2nd guessing any decisions or changes made. Therefore, the path or least resistance and easiest way is to run it, is the way you always have because that is what the expectation is. Besides that, you know what the rules are before you go in so if you are in, well, you know what you are "in" for.

Also considered the mutiple port opportunity but did not want to chew off more then we could swallow the first time around. Maybe next year and if so with the help and involvement of some of our sponsor bait, tackle and Marina businesses.

Hope to see you at the tournament and best of luck to you and your crew.

Gerry Zagorski <><

NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 08-06-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Are there a lot of guys with smartphones out there?? Thinking it might make sense and be fun to have a post dedicated to live reports on the day of the tournament. Thoughts??

Gerry Zagorski <><

NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
Are there a lot of guys with smartphones out there?? Thinking it might make sense and be fun to have a post dedicated to live reports on the day of the tournament. Thoughts??

Gerry.............now you're going too far........

a. What's a "smart" phone? I thought MINE was pretty wise by allowing me to program Lady Di's numbers (cell and work) in and having caller ID so it TELLS ME it's HER and I can ignore the call.

b. You want Stellie to interrupt his "tournament nap" and post an update??

c. People have NO idea of size of their fish, in general. I've been told 'we got an 8 and a 7' from people I trust, with GOOD INTENTIONS only to have their fish weigh 6.5 and 5.5 Day Of, I will tell my close friends, that I may talk with how LONG the fish are and let them assume what they will. BTW I had TNT's 5 fish weight within 1/2# by length/guess then within .075# from my "Official PUOSU" scale from our weigh-in weight. But I must add that I weighed the fish in the bay, just outside the marina where the rocking was minimal (like the water level clearance).

Glad YOUR weigh in is at high tide. I'm sure the committee crew will be fully prepared: tent positioned out of wind, towels to wipe scale, basket that will fit properly on the scale, hose/water to rinse scale & basket and a cute young lady to greet us at the dock as we weigh in!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLUKE2.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	51814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tampa3#ER.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	51815   Click image for larger version

Name:	HOTTIES.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	51816   Click image for larger version

Name:	jenn.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	51817   Click image for larger version

Name:	PeggyMayBigBoobs.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	51818  

Click image for larger version

Name:	reeltech.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	51819   Click image for larger version

Name:	reality.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	51820   Click image for larger version

Name:	GerryZandTheChicken.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	51823   Click image for larger version

Name:	NICE Rack.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	51829  
NJ DEVILS

Last edited by Life's A Beach; 08-06-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Time to upgrade Mike... You "no" they actually have one with push buttons now instead of the rotary dial and they can actually get out on the interweb too

Not thinking anyone is going to put up any weights but thought it might be fun for some playful banter between the boats....

Stelli's mits are way too big to be typing anything in a smart phone, he can hardy use a full size keyboard

I purposely have nothing to do with the scales since I'm fishing the tournament. We should however have everything covered. Our weigh in team are trained proffessionals. Tent will be right along the bulkhead by the fuel dock about 100 yards into the marina on your right, so about as protected as you can get. Mrs Z should be at the scales styling her new svelt NJfishing.com sleveless tee and taking photos too. I have forwarned her about you

See you at the captains meeting and hopefully at the scales too.

Gerry Zagorski <><

NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 08-06-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Site Sponsor

Hey gerry dont know if it was mentioned before but a buddy mentioned theres gonna be a boat on the water for a weight station too. Personally i think he confused with another tournament ?
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Not at this tournament Mike. Are you planning on fishing?

Gerry Zagorski <><

NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Site Sponsor

Thinking about it
Rvta member