NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Prospertown Sat/Mon - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-11-2022, 12:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Prospertown Sat/Mon

Got my regular spot at Prospertown at 8am Saturday. The Trout were picking up the powerbait and dropping it. After missing three or four I had one jumpoff and finally landed one on rainbow powerbait. Left the lake at 11. There were two Ospreys around but didn't see the Eagle this year. The Beaver made his March over the dam and swam right past me heading towards six flags.
Went back this morning around 5:30 to calm water and no one else fishing for the first hour. No powerbait bites for a couple of hours. Tied on a silver/blue Castmaster and got a Rainbow on the fourth cast. Thought I was in but only caught one small Pickerel and dropped another trout for two hours of casting. Left for home at 10. It was still good being on the water. I should have started with the iron and covered more water. I saw 5 trout caught in the 2 days that I was there. I'll only fish lures the rest of the season dawn or dusk.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Prospertown Sat/Mon

They’ll start feeding more with this warm up we have coming. Glad you beat the skunk. I work in that area from time to time and love seeing reports from down that way. Keep on fishing!!!
Old 04-11-2022, 06:59 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Prospertown Sat/Mon

Well at least you had some action, many people across the State were fishless this weekend!

Did you guys know that when they drained Prospertown to fix the dam , they recovered a Large Mouth Bass that was only a few ounces shy of the State Record.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Prospertown Sat/Mon

I'm not surprised. Before the drawdown the lake was different. Had a couple of 20+ Bass days between Rollercoaster cove and the main launch ramp. Fall Bass on The dam with sluggos.The Crappie fishing was unreal in March. Didn't fish trout because the Crappie Fishing was so good. Fishing is ok now but not like it was. Not seeing the small Bass/Sunfish/Shiners in the shallows like it was. We can only hope it comes back.
Colonial lake was drawn down a while back and the fishing went south for a long time. Stopped going up there.