NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Jig tying instructions. - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Jig tying instructions.

Although I have the vise and all the gear needed, I sometimes use my workshop vise to quickly tie bucktail using heavier thread for simple teasers and jigs.

Of course I would not use this approach for wrapping a #16 Hendrickson Comparadun or Parachute Adams

From what I have seen Leif know his stuff. Why would anyone argue with that?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Site Sponsor

I totally agree with your last statement !!!!!!!
201-368-8751[/SIZE]
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
You are full of s@&t. If don't you glue them they fall out. Obviously you have never tied or fished bucktails.

Leif

i bet i have tied more, and probably longer then yourself and im probably 10 years younger.. i was making a statement and not busting on your way of doing things.. take the little stick out of yourself and relax... you DONT have to adhere them if you can tie a good bucktail.. you dont HAVE to even glue at all if you dont want to.. it SOMETIMES is easier to not glue so if you get all beat from different species you can just untie and tie again!

Your way is NOT THE ONLY WAY.. so keep working for the best of and take some criticism..
Old 03-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Site Sponsor

From what I have read and heard from 99% of the guys on this site, some glue is better then none..I do not tie them , but IF I did I would want to make sure that they would stay together and not pull apart...But everyone is different and have different ways of doing things..If your way works for you then thats great, Leif has given some very good instructions on here on just about everything...and he is willing to share all his info...So lets not get into a BS match on here...
201-368-8751[/SIZE]
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sinker Man
From what I have read and heard from 99% of the guys on this site, some glue is better then none..I do not tie them , but IF I did I would want to make sure that they would stay together and not pull apart...But everyone is different and have different ways of doing things..If your way works for you then thats great, Leif has given some very good instructions on here on just about everything...and he is willing to share all his info...So lets not get into a BS match on here...

thanks for reading into my post correct Sam.. Your right.. 10000 ways to do the same thing.. I always GLUE at the end.. i just dont do it as i put clumps in because if it messes up your stuck and have to cut it all off and change.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I never said glue was bad or shouldn't be used. I was responding to the fact that leif jumped all over sportfishing for not using glue "at all" or "until the end". He didn't even say he didn't use it, just that he did it differently, and right away he doesn't know s%&t. I guess it's leif's way or no way at all. To me there are always more than one way to do something. Always. As for myself, I rarely use it as I find I don't lose hair before I lose the jig. Do whatever works for you.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Mai Tai Lure Co

glue them!!!