NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTB
Nope.

I don't care what your excuses are the fact that we can not fill a bus with people willing to take one day to protect their fishing rights. If it was opening day of fluke or opening day of blackfish on a weekday you would find that particular parking lot full.

I believe people are also afraid to stand up and make noise that is why we are being defeated by the eviro/animal activists because they are not afraid and are putting their money where their mouth is. I would have to at least give them credit for standing for what they believe. We can't even fill a bus to give one day of our time. These people chain themselfs to damn trees for days.

COME ON PEOPLE

If you are someone saying how can we make a difference. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Shirtguy Got His Ticket For Atlantic Highland Bus
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I have my ticket leaving from Bordentown . I know that Jakesdad said that he was going from there anyone else leaving from Bordentown . Should we bring anything other than warm clothes/camara's ?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Insert Fishermen of NJ, Enviro's and NOAA where applicable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3ZENhUlDU

Get on da BUS already!!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

i belive they are trying to get a buss from grumpys tackle in seaside park for the berkly striper club..i will be goin...

sean
Old 01-26-2010, 05:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam Strings
i believe they are trying to get a buss from ........ seaside park for the berkley striper club..i will be goin... sean
I hope so - if not click on :

http://www.ssfff.net/marchondcticketsdirections.html
Old 01-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Cindy Sea

we had a meeting about it last nite, rounded up a few extrs guys, thought about our own bus, but if Tonys buses are empty then we'll be aboard them.Question is what to where? are there really enviro's with red balloons? should we bring slickers? or does that look to to stupid? "Time to try and save our own asses boys"
Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Site Sponsor

To all:

I and all those who have organized this event support any and all efforts to get people to attend and to get buses for people to take to DC.

There are currently 4 locations I am responsible for: Highlands, Brielle, WildWood and Bordentown.

Each location can easily handle two or three buses worth of cars, which is why those locations were chosen.

ALL of the locations have space available. So, if there is a spot within a reasonable distance from wherever you are, to me it makes sense to buy a ticket for that location as opposed to setting up even more buses from the same area when the first ones aren't even full.

The Highlands and Brielle have each just about filled one bus, that's it. I can easily handle 3 buses from the basin, probably even 4.

So please, if you are going to head to DC on one any of the buses leaving from NJ, NY, PA or DE please go to THIS WEBSITE and purchase your tickets or get the information about other bus departure locations!!

Please do not wait, I have to process each of the orders from our 4 locations myself, print receipts, maintain the bus lists, process the credit cards. It would be a HUGE help if people would do it sooner rather than later so I am not slammed with orders at the last minute.

Plus, when we get close to the date we will simply cancel any buses that aren't reasonably full, so if you wait too long you may be SOL.

Thanks very much, and anyone who has information on another bus location not listed at the address above please let me know and I will add that information to the website.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

just read all the post in this thread and cant believe with all the fisherman who read this site the busses arent filling up. tb and dave a and capt ron are right everyone bitches but doesnt want to put the effort in to do anything. waah its gunna be cold,windy etc etc. dont most people blackfish or fish offshore seabass when its cold and windy? bunch of cry babies. guess u dont realize that fishing rec or comm will soon be a thing of the past and if fisherman from both sides dont speak up and do or say something. the pros in ah and the pros in BELMAR should be ashemed of themselves for not signing up for a bus. the BELMAR BASIN BOYS should really be ashamed cause they bitch and moan but dont do shit to help a cause. all they are is out for a buck to put in there pocket and backstab each other. the writing is on the wall. the head of nmfs is a pew girl and they want no fishing what so ever. ive written senators , congressmen on this issue and most dont reply and i expected that from them. ive fished along time and i see finally the comm and rec are on the same page, which i think is good the comm guys have some big lobbying and thats what this fight needs. it also needs for the govt to see that they will cost the economy millions and millions of tax dollars if they have regs like they have. the trickle effect of closing fishimg seasons and cutting of bag limits is endless. people will lose jobs businesses will go under adn people will lose houses, boat builders wont make boats, tacckle shops will close, the whole gamut. if u have a brain u will understand what i am saying. unfortunately i wont be going since i will be travelling that day to fla to fish for fish i cant keep cause of regulations imposed by the govt, but what the hall fishing isnt all about keeping them is it? tony i have a good idea on what belmar prima donnas want there own bus pm if u want. hope u all give em hell on feb 24th on the steps of the capital let em hear us loud and clear we are fed up with all there bullshit. go get boys. this is my opinion and if u dont like it tough deal with it
Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Any PA guys on here lookin for a ride shoot me a pm.We have a bus leavin from SE PA.Looks like theres 6-8 seats left.