NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

cut next year's summer flounder catch by 10 percent - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs down cut next year's summer flounder catch by 10 percent

Saw this one coming

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...9bb2963f4.html
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: cut next year's summer flounder catch by 10 percent

Yea not exactly a shocker there. An increase in sea bass would be nice, maybe we can get rid off one of these two week fall closures
Old 09-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Site Moderator

We were told that @ the captain's meeting for the Leonardo Fluke Tournament. Seems the juvenile fish that are to be next years/next couple years' keepers just aren't there.

So start the season later, end it quicker, raise the size limit back to 18" and lower the creel limit. Just make sure you put enough money into the system to pay the unemployment to all the fish-for-hire guys you're gonna put out of business.
NJ DEVILS
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Site Sponsor

Doesn't matter all the hard work that went into proving the system wrong....we put Egg on their face, and now they will get the last laugh.

It's not about the fish people........they simply want us off the water, out of business and no recreational fishing.
Read about the next push for Saving Habitat, sounds like closed area's coming to a reef near you!

www.captainronsfishermen.com
Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yet most of the Fish-for-Hire guys raved and even wanted a lower size limit with a decreased bag limit.They cant have their cake and eat it to.Capt Adam said what Lab just stated.We had a fishery rebuilt and we took a half inch off and kept 3 less fish what did you think was going to happen.We were going to go over quota if we went over quota 2 years ago with 18" bag at 8 fish.The people that set these rules have not one care in the world for you or me .I work over 75 hours a week am never late paying my taxes or any bill for that matter.I take care of my faimly follow the law and support my country every chance i get.I try and help anyone that i can and even help some people that dont appericate it.My 2 outlets for stress are fishing and hunting just like many of you.What do we get for being good Americans and good Stewards of the Land and Sea we bend over and take it up the tail pipe again.The question we have to ask ourselves is when is it enough when are we fed up enough to do something about it.I guess we havent reached that point yet cause its the same old same old.The REC. guys get screwed over and over. PS This post is not directed at you Capt Ron dont want you to think that since you Are a For-hire-guy
Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

.....and if we kept the regs the same as last year????????????????
Old 09-01-2012, 07:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

good, fluking in jersey may actually become good again

"You can watch things happen, make things happen or wonder what the !#$ just happened" - Captain Phil Harris

<><
Old 09-01-2012, 07:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's A Beach
We were told that @ the captain's meeting for the Leonardo Fluke Tournament. Seems the juvenile fish that are to be next years/next couple years' keepers just aren't there.

So start the season later, end it quicker, raise the size limit back to 18" and lower the creel limit. Just make sure you put enough money into the system to pay the unemployment to all the fish-for-hire guys you're gonna put out of business.
Jeez, wonder if the lack of juvenile fluke has anything at all to do with our population of doggies!
We all have probably caught them in every bay , river & estuary known to man.
Hard to believe that those doggies that are considered endanger by our NSoAA buddies don't have a hand in this latest lack of juvenile fluke!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned

**** them all now i will kill everything
Old 09-02-2012, 08:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Saying NJ doesnt have a good fulke fishery is just stupid plain and simple.John D tell me were the fishery is better i would love to know.Sure NY comes close but no state on the east coast has a better fishery for fluke IMO.Remember its not the arrow its the indian