NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Prospertown Sunday - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Prospertown Sunday

Took out the johnboat out for the first time this Season Sunday. Son and I were on the water @6:30 am with no one on the lake. We started up to the main lake from Rollercoaster point pulling Rapalas . Got one small Sunfish . Anchored up by the skimmer in deep water and pulled a couple of Sunfish . small Bass , and Pickerel. made a move towards the main ramp and started catching Crappie on Crappie jigs ! I got two keeper size and a few shorts when I got a Trout on the Crappie jig ! The wind started up and our brick anchor wouldn't hold. We managed to get it to stick outside of House Cove below the main ramp . Harry put two more Trout in the boat and I added two more . We caught plenty of small Bass , Pickerel , and Sunfish on Castmasters and Spinners. We moved down towards the back and Harry caught fire boating two keeper Crappie and numerous Sunfish on a spinner. We anchored on Rollercoaster point and caught more Sunfish and Crappie . We finished up with 9 keeper Crappie releasing a total of 19 along with five Trout and a dozen Sunfish which we released. We didn't count the Pickerel as they are thick along with the little Bass. Crappie jig color didn't seem to matter. I am amazed to see such life in this lake. I thought that the Crappie would come back just not till next year. I was so wrong !
Old 04-28-2014, 11:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Prospertown Sunday

Glad the lake is doing well, keep us posted, thanx !